Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Breaking news about Devialet lead investor
Tongue 
The lead investor for Devialet is Frenchman Bernard Arnault, CEO of LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy), the world's largest luxury group.  He's worth a cool $40 billion, so he has some spare change to fool around with music.  Anyway, the breaking news is that LVMH is going to absorb Christian Dior.  Thus, I think there is the real possibility for a new Devialet-scented product.  Of course, you'll be able to choose which scent you prefer given your mood, as the device will be able to digitally select the required bouquet.  Pricing will be in line with premium perfumes, so be prepared to open your wallet.   Tongue
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Ah, so that's what the new streaming board is for...
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(27-Apr-2017, 14:01)Flashman Wrote: The lead investor for Devialet is Frenchman Bernard Arnault, CEO of LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy), the world's largest luxury group.  He's worth a cool $40 billion, so he has some spare change to fool around with music.  Anyway, the breaking news is that LVMH is going to absorb Christian Dior.  Thus, I think there is the real possibility for a new Devialet-scented product.  Of course, you'll be able to choose which scent you prefer given your mood, as the device will be able to digitally select the required bouquet.  Pricing will be in line with premium perfumes, so be prepared to open your wallet.   Tongue

The sweet smell of suck cess Tongue.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
That's not news. News would be if they bought Rolex so they could increase the quality of the DAC clock.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(28-Apr-2017, 10:18)Pim van Vliet Wrote: That's not news. News would be if they bought Rolex so they could increase the quality of the DAC clock.

That wouldn't be news, that would be a wind up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
Thumbs Up 
(28-Apr-2017, 11:57)Soniclife Wrote:
(28-Apr-2017, 10:18)Pim van Vliet Wrote: That's not news. News would be if they bought Rolex so they could increase the quality of the DAC clock.

That wouldn't be news, that would be a wind up.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Nice wording
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(27-Apr-2017, 14:01)Flashman Wrote: The lead investor for Devialet is Frenchman Bernard Arnault, CEO of LVMH (Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy), the world's largest luxury group.  He's worth a cool $40 billion, so he has some spare change to fool around with music.  Anyway, the breaking news is that LVMH is going to absorb Christian Dior.  Thus, I think there is the real possibility for a new Devialet-scented product.  Of course, you'll be able to choose which scent you prefer given your mood, as the device will be able to digitally select the required bouquet.  Pricing will be in line with premium perfumes, so be prepared to open your wallet.   Tongue

Ahh yes, you can smell the aroma of marketing bullshit a mile away!
Devialet 250 Firmware 10.1 SAM 100% (USB & AIR Ethernet) Wilson Audio Duette (MK1), REL S3, Innuos Zenith 2TB SSD, Roon, Audioquest Diamond & Chord Epic Reference. Qobuz & Tidal.
So are we expecting the new Devialet Pro Plus to be packed with a luxury LV leather bag?
Mac Mini ----> Audioquest Diamond USB ---> Devialet Expert 250 ---> AudioQuest Meteor ---> Focal Scala Utopia
For an even greater WAF
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(21-Jun-2017, 06:42)Emerald Wrote: So are we expecting the new Devialet Pro Plus to be packed with a luxury LV leather bag?

Or impregnated with their latest scent. The hotter you run it, the more you can enjoy the fragrance.

[oh, would help if I'd read the OP properly!]

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<