Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bristol Sound and Vision Show 2016
I think I might be wandering down to the Bristol Sound and Vision Show again this year.  I'm not actually looking for anything specific at the moment, but it is fun too have a look (listen) around and see what's available.

Plus, if anyone who is not going wants me to check anything out, let me know, I'm happy to pick up the odd "mission".
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I went along last year and had a really good day
its only 30 minutes down the road so hope to be going again this year with any luck
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(21-Feb-2016, 10:24)Confused Wrote: I think I might be wandering down to the Bristol Sound and Vision Show again this year. I'm not actually looking for anything specific at the moment, but it is fun too have a look (listen) around and see what's available.

Plus, if anyone who is not going wants me to check anything out, let me know, I'm happy to pick up the odd "mission".

Which day are you going as myself and my mates who came to the Oxford Audio phantom launch are going on Saturday and probably going to a nearby pub for lunch 😀

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(21-Feb-2016, 20:56)NickB Wrote:
(21-Feb-2016, 10:24)Confused Wrote: I think I might be wandering down to the Bristol Sound and Vision Show again this year.  I'm not actually looking for anything specific at the moment, but it is fun too have a look (listen) around and see what's available.

Which day are you going as myself and my mates who came to the Oxford Audio phantom launch are going on Saturday and probably going to a nearby pub for lunch ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm not sure which day I'm going yet, Saturday is looking most likely but my plans are very fluid this week, so it could be any of the three days.  As for trips to the pub, I think this is best avoided for me, I have this thing that I find it almost impossible to walk into a pub and not order something alcoholic, which is fine, but I do need to be able to drive in a (reasonably) straight line down the M4 soon after .....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hi.

If I am allowed to place a wish for an audition I would point towards Wilson Benesch ACT One Evo.

I am interested on a first impression of this new speaker which was positioned by Mr. Sircom close to the latest Magicos....

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan
(24-Feb-2016, 16:13)Gentleman Wrote: Hi.

If I am allowed to place a wish for an audition I would point towards Wilson Benesch ACT One Evo.

I am interested on a first impression of this new speaker which was positioned by Mr. Sircom close to the latest Magicos....

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan
Hello Jan - Mission accepted.  I was planning to have a listen in the Wilson Benesch room anyway.  They are located in what is called the "conservatory" area, which is normally one of the more pleasant parts of the show to visit, it is a nice big, spacious, area and one of the rooms in which you can get a reasonably decent sound.

Having said that, Nickb is probably your man, as he has a pair of Magicos at home so is best placed to take a view on the comparison.  (Nick is a big boy though, I'm sure he'll speak for himself.....)
(24-Feb-2016, 18:51)Confused Wrote:
(24-Feb-2016, 16:13)Gentleman Wrote: Hi.

In Dubio Pro Audio

Jan
Hello Jan - Mission accepted.  I was planning to have a listen in the Wilson Benesch room anyway.  They are located in what is called the "conservatory" area, which is normally one of the more pleasant parts of the show to visit, it is a nice big, spacious, area and one of the rooms in which you can get a reasonably decent sound.

Having said that, Nickb is probably your man, as he has a pair of Magicos at home so is best placed to take a view on the comparison.  (Nick is a big boy though, I'm sure he'll speak for himself.....)

Having just arrived back from Spain I unfortunately find myself double booked on all 3 days !!!!! Work stuff Friday lunchtime, Bath Theatre on Saturday afternoon and grandchildren duties on Sunday. Life is tough when you get older - so much to do so little time  Confused
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Hi.

Thanks for your answers. I considered to fly in myself but I can't spend that much leasure time for a trip abroad at the moment. So I highly appreciate your willingness to act as my "spy" Confused ;-)
Going down to the show tomorrow but must see/listen to this - wow!
http://www.bristolshow.co.uk/news_detail...tBuwvDfWrV

https://mobile.twitter.com/kudosaudio/st...2410941440
Devialet D200, Linn Majik DS, Pro-Ject X-Pack turntable, PMC Fact 8 speakers,
Creek headphone amp, Sennheiser HD700, Monitor Audio sub.
were these the speakers that were in the Linn demo room last year?
very nice speakers, i would have loved to of heard this setup with the devialets
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England