Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryston
Got an ok price on Bryston BDP-2 unit so going to test it against Air. I guess I surrendered to the whitenoise problem I been having at 192khz... I will be buying Audience Au24se aes/ebu as Bryston also recommend this output/input
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
Anyone else use Bryston? Looking forward to comparing it to Air...
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
I'm using the Bryston BDP-2 digital player and love it.  I'm using the MPaD app on my iPad Mini and the MPoD app on my iPhone 6 Plus and both work flawlessly.  I've exchanged some emails with James at Bryston and he highly recommends using the AES/EBU connection for the BDP-2.

I came close to trading it in for an Aurender N100H but the fact that the Bryston BDP-2 works flawlessly with both my iPad and iPhone (extremely convenient for when my wife is using the iPad) and sounds amazing (read the reviews), I decided to keep my BDP-2 and get a high-quality AES/EBU digital cable instead.

The Bryston BDP-2 digital player also received an A+ rating in the 2015 Stereophile Recommended Components listing:
http://www.stereophile.com/content/2015-...ia-players

BTW, I don't use Air so I never did the comparison (sorry).
I will be doing some testing this weekend Smile
And if you don't know, there is a new audio device card (upgrade) available
Can the bdp stream qobuz, deezer elite.... ?
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(25-Jun-2015, 16:54)Sobert Wrote: Anyone else use Bryston? Looking forward to comparing it to Air...

I use the BDP-1 version (the original one), through an AES/EBU (mainly) and USB, and absolutely love it!

I updated the two fuses to the following kind, which very slightly improved the performance:
Platinum Reference “More Than a Fuse”
http://www.audio-horizons.com/pages/fuse.html
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(26-Jun-2015, 13:36)Sobert Wrote: I will be doing some testing this weekend Smile
And if you don't know, there is a new audio device card (upgrade) available

What is this upgrade exactly?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
Tidal is in beta, no support yet for other streaming services.
New hardware. Aes/ebu and bnc cards are replaced with one card made for Bryston. First reports are good. My dealer has ordered so will report back when tested.
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT: Announcing Bryston Integrated Audio Device Card

May, 2015

Hi Folks,

We have been working on a Bryston proprietary “Integrated Audio Device” card with much improved specifications to replace the current two-piece ‘Soundcard’ and ‘SPDIF interface module’ (AES/BNC) utilized in our current BDP-2 Digital Player.

I am happy to report that an all new integrated version of the BDP-2 audio card is now going into production and should be available in a few weeks from now.
All BDP-2’s currently on order will be fitted with the new Bryston integrated audio card.

BENEFITS:

• No reliance on the quality level of third party products or having to modify said products

• Improve the performance by hand selecting and testing all the components in house

• Eliminates 3 connection points

• Integrates the output module and the sound processing section into one circuit instead of two.

• The Bryston audio device is directly powered by the high quality linear power supply rather than the motherboard.

Any current BDP-2 owners may have their units upgraded if desired.

James Tanner
Bryston