Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CD transport best match suggestions
(26-Apr-2015, 03:10)Damon Wrote: As an ex Naim owner, I would certainly suggest a Naim CD player. I have no idea about the electronic aspects, or input / output characteristics as they relate to the Devialet, but I think that Naim makes some excellent CD units. Otherwise Simaudio/ Moon or GamuT would be worth considering. My 3 cents.

Can any of the Naim players act as transports? I thought they had no digital output, so not ideal, but useable, with a Devialet amp.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

That may be correct. I'm not familiar with the output functionality of the Naim CD units. But thinking of their approach generally it is probably true that even the modern players do not do a digital out. So the OP wants a transport / disc spinning thing rather than a complete player. I get it now.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
All Naim-CD-Player since last 3-4 years have an Digital-Out
G98 is a very good transport..use it..or use a computer solution.
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
Although I have no personal knowledge of the G98 it garnered some very good reviews as a CD spinner (as well as DVD).

I would be inclined to wait delivery of the D200 and then give the G98 a try, you never know it might meet all your needs!

Not too sure what your future intentions are re music replay - music server perhaps? It might be that a CD Player becomes secondary to your needs and it might be better to wait. I am using a circa 18 year old Theta Jade CD transport with very good effect as a back up to my main music source which is a Wyred4Sound MS-2 music server.

My 2 penny worth.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(24-Apr-2015, 20:09)mauidan Wrote: PS Audio PWT.

AES/EBU output and it plays DVD-A disc in addition to Redbook.

(24-Apr-2015, 20:12)amabrok Wrote:

Hi maindan

Can you elaborate more...

How would you rate sound quality? Stability of software? Overall satisfaction? Etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the PS Audio PWT recommendation with the AES/EBU digital outpout. Its my 2nd choice with the D200 (apart from the Aurender X100L). The sound is detailed and lively, nice balance and instrument placement. Very good for rock and blues IMO. I find it more upfront ( more lively ) than the Aurender but me, I prefer the delivery of the Aurenderfor jazz which is 75% of the music I listen. Bass control is better. But for a CD transport, PWT is my 1st choice. Tried CEC TL51, Meridian 506.20 and Shanling CD100, mk2.
Dedicated Mains >Crystal Standard Power Cables >Aurender X100L >Locus Design Essentia USB >D200 >Siltech 330L >Dynaudio C1 Signature
Montréal

(27-Apr-2015, 05:30)ghosttipper Wrote: All Naim-CD-Player since last 3-4 years have an Digital-Out

Er, that would be the CD5 XS and the CDX2. Not a lot f choice there.
(27-Apr-2015, 22:51)Yippedidou Wrote:

Hi maindan

How would you rate sound quality? Stability of software? Overall satisfaction? Etc...

I agree with the PS Audio PWT recommendation with the AES/EBU digital outpout. Its my 2nd choice with the D200 (apart from the Aurender X100L). The sound is detailed and lively, nice balance and instrument placement. Very good for rock and blues IMO. I find it more upfront ( more lively ) than the Aurender but me, I prefer the delivery of the Aurenderfor jazz which is 75% of the music I listen. Bass control is better. But for a CD transport, PWT is my 1st choice. Tried CEC TL51, Meridian 506.20 and Shanling CD100, mk2.

Thanks Yippedidou for sharing your views on the SQ of PS Audio PWT.

Did you face any glitches with it? I read somewhere that PS AUDIO suffer from S/W issues and that their products are not stable. How accurate is that and did you experience anything like that in your system?

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(28-Apr-2015, 08:14)mikehughescq Wrote:
(27-Apr-2015, 05:30)ghosttipper Wrote: All Naim-CD-Player since last 3-4 years have an Digital-Out

Er, that would be the CD5 XS and the CDX2. Not a lot f choice there.

Your are right. Did'nt checked all players
(28-Apr-2015, 08:51)amabrok Wrote:
(27-Apr-2015, 22:51)Yippedidou Wrote:

Hi maindan

Thanks Yippedidou for sharing your views on the SQ of PS Audio PWT.

Did you face any glitches with it? I read somewhere that PS AUDIO suffer from S/W issues and that their products are not stable. How accurate is that and did you experience anything like that in your system?

Nope. I had the PS PWD (Dac) with the Bridge option (Streamer over RJ45) and PWT (transport) and never had a problem. They are sensible to power cords and my best fit was with their own AC10. Only flaw I found is that the Bridge on the PWD couldnt play gapless. Very good products IMO.
Dedicated Mains >Crystal Standard Power Cables >Aurender X100L >Locus Design Essentia USB >D200 >Siltech 330L >Dynaudio C1 Signature
Montréal