Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CD transport best match suggestions
(29-Apr-2015, 01:23)Yippedidou Wrote:
(28-Apr-2015, 08:51)amabrok Wrote:
(27-Apr-2015, 22:51)Yippedidou Wrote:
(24-Apr-2015, 20:09)mauidan Wrote: PS Audio PWT.

AES/EBU output and it plays DVD-A disc in addition to Redbook.

(24-Apr-2015, 20:12)amabrok Wrote:
(24-Apr-2015, 20:09)mauidan Wrote: PS Audio PWT.

AES/EBU output and it plays DVD-A disc in addition to Redbook.

Hi maindan

Can you elaborate more...

How would you rate sound quality? Stability of software? Overall satisfaction? Etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with the PS Audio PWT recommendation with the AES/EBU digital outpout. Its my 2nd choice with the D200 (apart from the Aurender X100L). The sound is detailed and lively, nice balance and instrument placement. Very good for rock and blues IMO. I find it more upfront ( more lively ) than the Aurender but me, I prefer the delivery of the Aurenderfor jazz which is 75% of the music I listen. Bass control is better. But for a CD transport, PWT is my 1st choice. Tried CEC TL51, Meridian 506.20 and Shanling CD100, mk2.

Thanks Yippedidou for sharing your views on the SQ of PS Audio PWT.

Did you face any glitches with it? I read somewhere that PS AUDIO suffer from S/W issues and that their products are not stable. How accurate is that and did you experience anything like that in your system?

Nope. I had the PS PWD (Dac) with the Bridge option (Streamer over RJ45) and PWT (transport) and never had a problem. They are sensible to power cords and my best fit was with their own AC10. Only flaw I found is that the Bridge on the PWD couldnt play gapless. Very good products IMO.

Thanks a lot

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Update guys.

HiFi35 in France have assured me that the Devialet 200 and Triangles are on their way. As I have found out, when dealing with overseas dealers who speak a different lingop be prepared to be frustrated!

Anyhow, I hope to see them Friday with a following wind.
The Moon Neo 260D CD transport has arrived today - looks a a nice bit of kit, and I have switched it on for the next few days to settle in.
I also have had some cables sent to me. I don't know what you think of them, but Audio Destinationj down in Tiverton recommended them to me...
The AES cable is Audoquest Coffee - I nearly fell off my chair when I was told the price, but he had a used set still in the box for less than half price so I took it.
The speaker cables are again Audioquest - CV-4s

What do you think? Reasonable match for my equipment?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(29-Apr-2015, 13:19)teddlesdee Wrote: Update guys.

HiFi35 in France have assured me that the Devialet 200 and Triangles are on their way. As I have found out, when dealing with overseas dealers who speak a different lingop be prepared to be frustrated!

Anyhow, I hope to see them Friday with a following wind.
The Moon Neo 260D CD transport has arrived today - looks a a nice bit of kit, and I have switched it on for the next few days to settle in.
I also have had some cables sent to me. I don't know what you think of them, but Audio Destinationj down in Tiverton recommended them to me...
The AES cable is Audoquest Coffee - I nearly fell off my chair when I was told the price, but he had a used set still in the box for less than half price so I took it.
The speaker cables are again Audioquest - CV-4s

What do you think? Reasonable match for my equipment?

Congrats and it seems that slowly but surely your system is getting together.

The ultimate judge would be you when you try how all the components, interconnects and cables come to play together. But on paper these all seem to be very good choices. I know for a fact that each of them do an excellent job (bar the Moon Neo which I have never auditioned) but again I have never tried them collectively as one system.

For Audioquest, they do very good digital interconnects and Coffee sits right in the middle of their sweet spot. Below it you get the entry level and Cinnamon and above it you get Carbon, Diamond and Wel Signature.

I believe with this setup and all the positive recommendation to use Devialet excellent AES/EBU then you can't be wrong

Enjoy

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
What are the most affordable options to start experimenting the AES input SQ ?
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -