Poll: CI experience
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
AIR ethernet - faultless/largely faultless pre CI and same now
11.11%
6 11.11%
AIR ethernet - faultless/largely faultless pre CI but faulty now
11.11%
6 11.11%
AIR ethernet - faulty pre CI but faultless/largely faultless now
1.85%
1 1.85%
AIR ethernet - faulty pre CI and faulty now
1.85%
1 1.85%
AIR wifi - faultless/largely faultless pre CI and same now
3.70%
2 3.70%
AIR wifi - faultless/largely faultless pre CI but faulty now
3.70%
2 3.70%
AIR wifi - faulty pre CI but faultless/largely faultless now
7.41%
4 7.41%
AIR wifi - faulty pre CI and faulty now
3.70%
2 3.70%
Roon AIR - faultless/largely faultless pre CI and same now
31.48%
17 31.48%
Roon AIR - faultless/largely faultless pre CI but faulty now
20.37%
11 20.37%
Roon AIR - faulty pre CI but faultless/largely faultless now
1.85%
1 1.85%
Roon AIR - faulty pre CI and faulty now
1.85%
1 1.85%
Total 54 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CI experience
I'm delaying returning my units until one can see some predicability in relation to areas on the CI board of interest to many. So please only participate in this survey if:

(A) You have had the CI update

AND

EITHER (1) you used AIR ethernet before and have used it since

OR (2) you used AIR wifi before and have used it since

OR (3) you used Roon AIR before and have used it since

OR any combination of (1), (2) and (3)

(Please classify "largely faultless" as no more that one disturbance in three hours, whether in continuous or split listening)

So you can have up to three votes. (By the way, if you are not logged in, there is a message next to the poll heading saying that it is closed. But it isn't!)
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Thank you Ian, eagerly looking forward to the results of this one...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Have now managed to install, and get my newly returned D1000 pro up and running. Came with 2.1 RC4 + Firmware 11.5.18 already installed. Some teething problems, it would appear, with running Roon/AIR on the new Core Infinity board! I have set up a playlist comprising a selection of tracks at various resolutions from 44.1khz through 96khz, 192khz and DSD 64 but unfortunately the music stops playing when changing from one sampling level to another, for eg from 44.1 to 96 or 192, likewise there are issues going from a higher sampling rate to a lower. When playing consecutive tracks, at the same sampling level, eg 44.1 to 44.1 there is no problem. Likewise, when playing a fully ripped CD, there is not a problem. There also seems to be a problem with using DSP for up sampling. I can use “max pcm rate” but not “max pcm rate (power of 2)!

Roon/AIR played faultlessly pre the CI board upgrade but is now broken!!

Not too sure whether this is a Roon issue or Devialet problem!

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Roon Air worked faultlessly before CI and is working faultlessly now. I’m hoping that further software “upgrades” don’t change things.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
There doesn't seem to be any mention or discussion about UPNP streaming, does everyone use Air?
I thought this was supposed to be a larger part of the upgrade reason.
(14-Dec-2017, 09:40)kompressor Wrote: There doesn't seem to be any mention or discussion about UPNP streaming, does everyone use Air?

I asked a while ago why Devialet were sticking with UPnP, and not going with more up-to-date streaming options, e.g. Roon. The answer came back that UPnP had been on the list for soo long that it had gained a prominent place on the CI board. Also as UPnP required physical parts to be included in the build, whereas Roon, etc. are primarily software based, then it was going to be one of the features offered right at the start (other features to added at later dates)
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(14-Dec-2017, 01:57)Axel Wrote: Roon Air worked faultlessly before CI and is working faultlessly now. I’m hoping that further software “upgrades” don’t change things.

@Axel. Have you tried running a playlist of tracks with mixed, differing, sample rates? Have you also tried upsampling with the DSP function?

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Had a couple of dropouts yesterday. Left the music playing overnight and this am it had stopped.

Streaming 24/192 now and it seems ok.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(14-Dec-2017, 11:33)GuillaumeB Wrote: Streaming 24/192 now and it seems ok.

Actually no, a few too many dropouts... 

Back to 16/44.1, much better now.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(14-Dec-2017, 10:13)Celts88 Wrote:
(14-Dec-2017, 09:40)kompressor Wrote: There doesn't seem to be any mention or discussion about UPNP streaming, does everyone use Air?

I asked a while ago why Devialet were sticking with UPnP, and not going with more up-to-date streaming options, e.g. Roon. The answer came back that UPnP had been on the list for soo long that it had gained a prominent place on the CI board. Also as UPnP required physical parts to be included in the build, whereas Roon, etc. are primarily software based, then it was going to be one of the features offered right at the start (other features to added at later dates)

So is UPnP deemed to be inferior to other methods of streaming? It seems to be more widely used by other manufacturers.