Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRITICAL Configurator Information
My own experience is using the Brave browser to download the configuration you set up, vs Edge and Firefox.

Brave totally messed up the download load file, inserting spurious characters, totally ruining the file

Configuring a 440 (220 in main and slave) using Edge worked first time around. The link from Digital 1 was there, the trigger out (main) and in (slave) were clearly shown.

Contrary to the excellent advice above, simply downloading the CFG file twice and renaming it for the slave amp worked first time.

One strange (I thought) trick if I may put it this way, is to enable the graphic to display the trigger out and in link by clicking on the USB symbol on the amplifier picture
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
Having read about the issues with the reload/go back function of the browser, I use two browsers contemporarily, i.e. Firefox for the Master and Edge for the Companion (or viceversa: it is irrelevant). After having set everything as I need on the two configurator pages in parallel, I save the file on the SD card from the first browser and then on the second card from the second browser, having left it open. It has always worked without any problems. My 2 cents' worth.
Devialet 440 Pro C.I., Innuos Zen Mk3, Origin Live Calypso with Illustrious arm and Soundsmith Zephyr cartridge, KEF Reference 3, Vertere speaker cables and interconnects, 2 Nanotech 309 power cables for the 440, GigaWatt power strip and cables
(10-Jul-2023, 17:10)Digitalhead Wrote: Having read about the issues with the reload/go back function of the browser, I use two browsers contemporarily, i.e. Firefox for the Master and Edge for the Companion (or viceversa: it is irrelevant). After having set everything as I need on the two configurator pages in parallel, I save the file on the SD card from the first browser and then on the second card from the second browser, having left it open. It has always worked without any problems. My 2 cents' worth.

Wow!  Kudos to you for having figured that out, but what a convoluted mess they've made with the configurator that you would need to take those steps.   If I'm understanding you correctly, you're actually creating the same configuration from scratch on two different browsers and it worked?  This would seem to imply that any download from or exit off the configurator page (in either browser) is what is causing the configurator errors.   So strange...
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(10-Jul-2023, 19:07)mdconnelly Wrote:
(10-Jul-2023, 17:10)Digitalhead Wrote: Having read about the issues with the reload/go back function of the browser, I use two browsers contemporarily, i.e. Firefox for the Master and Edge for the Companion (or viceversa: it is irrelevant). After having set everything as I need on the two configurator pages in parallel, I save the file on the SD card from the first browser and then on the second card from the second browser, having left it open. It has always worked without any problems. My 2 cents' worth.

Wow!  Kudos to you for having figured that out, but what a convoluted mess they've made with the configurator that you would need to take those steps.   If I'm understanding you correctly, you're actually creating the same configuration from scratch on two different browsers and it worked?  This would seem to imply that any download from or exit off the configurator page (in either browser) is what is causing the configurator errors.   So strange...

Yes, in the sense that in one browser I set -- and then save -- the configuration for the Master, in the other the one for the Companion. For me it works.
Devialet 440 Pro C.I., Innuos Zen Mk3, Origin Live Calypso with Illustrious arm and Soundsmith Zephyr cartridge, KEF Reference 3, Vertere speaker cables and interconnects, 2 Nanotech 309 power cables for the 440, GigaWatt power strip and cables