Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't get ethernet IP address.
Hello, 
I have been having trouble trying to get my ethernet IP address to work after using the latest firmware. Before that I could only get ethernet on, even having wifi enabled in the configuration. Now it is the opposite, I only get wifi and not ethernet. I have tried different new configurations, even chaining IP to manual and still doesn't get to work. Wifi is ok, but not reliable for higher resolution files. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Devialet Expert 440 Pro CI, B&W 803 D3, Auralic Aries G2, OPPO 203.
Hello Freddie77,

I also had problems when I had to create a new configuration due to new speakers with SAM. The „problem“ seems to be a combination of new DOS and a new version of the configurator.
Anyhow... , after having tried various configurations (WiFi only, LAN only, WiFi & LAN, with and without USB , all with DHCP and fixed IP) and communication with DEVIALET support, I ended in a config for LAN and fixed IP. WiFi was working also but had rare short drop outs.
The problem was that the IP address was not stable and in the system information display of my expert it was switching from „no-IP Address found“ to an assigned IP-Address.
DEVIALET support told me that when a LAN cable is attached, this will override any WiFi configuration, so when you have a config with WiFi only activated, you will have problems. In that case unplug the LAN cable and WiFi should get the IP-Address set and be working.
At my side another side effect was probably giving problems. My router kept the IP-Address fixed although it was not configured in the router. In my Expert config I had another fixed IP address configured which resulted in the same flickering of the IP-Address assignment.
So my recommendation is to use LAN cable with a config file where only Ethernet is activated and WiFi is deactivated.
Or if you want to use WiFi, unplug the ethernet cable and have a config file with WiFi activated and LAN deactivated.

Greetings,

Chris

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(21-Mar-2019, 11:30)Krisp Wrote: Hello Freddie77,

I also had problems when I had to create a new configuration due to new speakers with SAM. The „problem“ seems to be a combination of new DOS and a new version of the configurator.
Anyhow... , after having tried various configurations (WiFi only, LAN only, WiFi & LAN, with and without USB , all with DHCP and fixed IP) and communication with DEVIALET support, I ended in a config for LAN and fixed IP. WiFi was working also but had rare short drop outs.
The problem was that the IP address was not stable and in the system information display of my expert it was switching from „no-IP Address found“ to an assigned IP-Address.
DEVIALET support told me that when a LAN cable is attached, this will override any WiFi configuration, so when you have a config with WiFi only activated, you will have problems. In that case unplug the LAN cable and WiFi should get the IP-Address set and be working.
At my side another side effect was probably giving problems. My router kept the IP-Address fixed although it was not configured in the router. In my Expert config I had another fixed IP address configured which resulted in the same flickering of the IP-Address assignment.
So my recommendation is to use LAN cable with a config file where only Ethernet is activated and WiFi is deactivated.
Or if you want to use WiFi, unplug the ethernet cable and have a config file with WiFi activated and LAN deactivated.

Greetings,

Chris

Hello Chris,
Yes, I have tried different configurations but not leaving Wifi off. Originally wifi never worked and LAN was the one working all the time, and from time to time I had to unplug and plug back the LAN cable to get an IP address again; now that method doesn't work anymore and Wifi is the only one working - which I don't like using. So is it a configuration bug? I always have to try more than one configuration to fix or change other settings because when I work from editing an existing one it always disables something else.
I will try a new one with wifi off, I think I already tried and ended up with no connections at all, but will try again.
Thanks.
Hello. Freddie77,

I have a fixed IP address assigned in my Expert profile. The same address must be assigned on the router for the Experts MAC address.

Greetings,
Chris

(21-Mar-2019, 13:46)Krisp Wrote: Hello. Freddie77,

I have a fixed IP address assigned in my Expert profile. The same address must be assigned on the router for the Experts MAC address.

Greetings,
Chris

I have tried a fixed address and hasn't worked, but also left the wifi on. Maybe that takes over LAN?
You have to look at your router that is providing the DHCP addressed in your network. If you choose a fixed IP address from the range where DHCP is providing dynamic addresses you will get conflicts with other devices. Typically a router does use only a part of a subnet range e.g. 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.99
So you should pick a fixed IP number outside of that range.

(21-Mar-2019, 13:53)Krisp Wrote: You have to look at your router that is providing the DHCP addressed in your network. If you choose a fixed IP address from the range where DHCP is providing dynamic addresses you will get conflicts with other devices. Typically a router does use only a part of a subnet range e.g. 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.99
So you should pick a fixed IP number outside of that range.

I think that's what I did, gave it an address as 192.168.0.xx, different to the default ones, but seems to reset itself. Can it be done from the browser configuration?
I set the IP address once from the browser config of the Expert, but this is not persistent. Only the config file settings will be persistent over a restart of the Expert

(21-Mar-2019, 14:16)Krisp Wrote: I set the IP address once from the browser config of the Expert, but this is not persistent. Only the config file settings will be persistent over a restart of the Expert

So, I tried 2 more times a new configuration, one with wifi off and fixed IP, it didn't work, plus it left the companion without link for some inputs - I had that problem last December and posted it here. The second configuration was with wifi off and DHCP IP, the result was the same; no IP for LAN and neither wifi; plus the same problem with the companion not linking to the master when switching inputs. It makes me think it has to be a corruption in the configurator ( I use a Mac and Safari, but in December I was having trouble with other browsers too). So I only have to choices at the moment: revert to a configuration I had in December without any connection at all, or go back to the latest that only allows wifi to work but not LAN.
Hi having the same issues - one 250 pro was working fine on Ethernet. Swapped it for my other unit and switched SD card so same config - and no network connection on the second unit. Restarted router / factory reset d250 / tried different ports on router, tried sd card in and out nothing seems to work.
SW 13.2.0 / dos 2.2.6
Just says Ethernet - no IP address available
SD card must be picking up the same config as remote buttons are changed and DSP IS ENABLED
any ideas welcomed Smile
Jamie