Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carry case for Phantom
Hi All,

Was wondering if anyone has the carrying case for Phantom. Does it actually have an official name?

I see in online photos the carry case comes in a dark (black?) color, as well as a caramel looking color. But I haven't seen the officially on sale at the moment.

Any ideas if/when it will be on sale? Pricing?

Thanks!
I think in US dollars, $250. It is a great design though a bit hard to swallow at $250, more than a Samsonite suitcase.....Smile However, it may be that it is very high tech also. Two of the cases makes the PHantoms an incredibly transportable system.
I thought about a large Pelikan roller case that is basically bulletproof and water resistant that will swallow two Phantoms and have foam inserts that will conform to the Phantoms. But nothing as compact or elegant as the Phantom case. They are aptly named Cocoon.
(31-Dec-2015, 08:02)MountainGuy Wrote: I thought about a large Pelikan roller case that is basically bulletproof and water resistant that will swallow two Phantoms and have foam inserts that will conform to the Phantoms.  But nothing as compact or elegant as their case.

Ah that's true. A pelican would also be less expensive. Good idea. Although the Devialet cases look like they perfectly protect without any possible damage to the woofers. I guess pelican foam inserts shouldn't cause any damage. 

(just found reference online calling them Cocoon)
What are Phantoms shipped in? If there is foam in the boxes could it be reused in a rolling suitcase or Pelican? That would be a good fit around the Phantom drivers. I like wheeled carriers.
I don't think this is for sale. I asked them about it once.
(31-Dec-2015, 16:50)bentrider Wrote: What are Phantoms shipped in?

Phantom-formed styrofoam.
(31-Dec-2015, 08:01)MountainGuy Wrote: I think in US dollars, $250.  It is a great design though a bit hard to swallow at $250, more than a Samsonite suitcase.....Smile  However, it may be that it is very high tech also.  Two of the cases makes the PHantoms an incredibly transportable system.

My guess is that the production volume dictated the difference in cost!
I would imagine Samsonit make about 100 billion times as many suitcases as Devialet have any hope of making "cocoons" (OK I probably exaggerated Smile)

Based on the long delays between announcement of a product and its availability I wonder if Devialet use the interest shown on their web site to judge potential sales and order accordingly???
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Yes it's for sale. It's called the Cocoon. My local dealer has it below.

http://www.squarewavehk.com/2015/price-%...%E8%A1%A8/

Price is around USD 361 each.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
Wow, $361 USD each. Ok, I am going to have to tap out on that. Had they been closer to $150 each, that would be an easier pill to swallow.