Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cartridges and phono settings
I’ll try and let you know
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, I read through all 20 pages of this thread, but could not find my exact situation and question. If someone can verify the max load ballpark setting for a Ortofon MC SPU G MK II Classic cartridge with an Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 0.2 mV. 

From reading the posts I would guess at 200 uVRms, maybe 210-220 uVRms. 

To start the setting was at 450 uV rms and the volume has to be turned to 0 to + 10 to listen.  I would have thought you would raise the uV setting but after reading I believe it's the opposite.

If someone is certain about this, please confirm. Thank you in advance.  It is appreciated!
(22-May-2021, 11:44)Rhapsody Wrote: Hi, I read through all 20 pages of this thread, but could not find my exact situation and question. If someone can verify the max load ballpark setting for a Ortofon MC SPU G MK II Classic cartridge with an Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. - 0.2 mV. 

From reading the posts I would guess at 200 uVRms, maybe 210-220 uVRms. 

To start the setting was at 450 uV rms and the volume has to be turned to 0 to + 10 to listen.  I would have thought you would raise the uV setting but after reading I believe it's the opposite.

If someone is certain about this, please confirm. Thank you in advance.  It is appreciated!

I will answer my own question as maybe it will help someone in the future.  With a MC that has a .2mv output the setting on the max output should be around 210uV.  If it is set much higher the gain is reduced.  

Max setting lower, higher gain.

Max setting higher, lower gain.

Cheers.
Hi,
I run my SPU Classic GM E MkII with these settings:
Max. Level = 200µVRMS
Loading = 22Ohms / 0pF - 14Ohms should also be feasable

Sounds very convincing in my setup
Best regards
Amp : D440 pro CI on Orea Bronze & HMS Suprema digital 75 Ohm link cable  / Power: Isotek Titan EVO3 with HMS Energia Suprema
        Speakers  : Manger P2 + HMS Suprema LS 
       Streaming : Primemini 4 Fanless NUC (Core i7-8650U vPro) with Roon Lifetime
         Analogue : Micro Seiki DDX1000 + SME 3012R (analogtubeaudio.de Tuning) +SPU Classic GM E MkII + HMS Suprema Phono C
     Multi-Player : Oppo UDP 203 / Power: HMS Energia SL/OV cable   
             Power : Isotek Genesis one w/o diplay 4 Aries, Oppo & DDX 1000,  

Zuerich, Switzerland
Thx, confirms how I ended up with the installation. Appreciate it.
What is the best startup curve to be used, when to use which one?
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
(27-May-2021, 12:13)Bartype Wrote: What is the best startup curve to be used, when to use which one?

Good question.  No ideaSad
Hi all, 

I picked up a Rega RP6 TT fitted with a Ania MC cartridge.

Could someone tell me the correct settings for this in my Devialet amp please?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Tante Truus
Hi TT,
Try these settings:
Sensitivity 0.50 mv
Loading 100 ohm + high pF
Best regards, Jens
(24-Nov-2021, 17:45)Jens Wrote: Hi TT,
Try these settings:
Sensitivity 0.50 mv
Loading 100 ohm + high pF
Best regards, Jens