Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Certified Refurbished Silver Phantom
Three Silver Phantoms and two Geckos are ordered. Looking forward to try surround with Phantoms all the way around.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(21-Nov-2018, 12:57)ragwo Wrote: Three Silver Phantoms and two Geckos are ordered. Looking forward to try surround with Phantoms all the way around.

Oh! could this be the start of a new group of Phantom ‘Sound in the Round’ devotees?

Could Devialet then be tempted to produce a unit dedicated to the control of 5 or more Phantoms in a surround configuration for a price similar to the Dialog?

@ragwo
I am in no doubt that you are in for a treat.

I’ve enjoyed various surround setups with the Phantoms since their introduction.
But, they have never been better, or more stable, since I adopted the Direct Optical mode.

Really looking forward to your impressions.
A little update: I'm returning the Silvers due to the same issues with background noise as before. Devialet Customer service has confirmed that the speakers have the ADH-2 circuitry, but the noise floor still much higher than the Gold Phantom. A good deal on a pair of Kii Three has emerged, so I'm considering not going for Phantom in surround but Kii Three in stereo. First world problems.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage