Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cheap temporary streamer
Well, almost none. But, I believe some have experienced white noises with USB, too. Anyway, the chances is very low. You are basically using your laptop with JRiver (as in your case) playing music to D200 via USB. Under the JRiver 'Tools-Option-Audio' select Devialet-USB as your output. Select USB as your source on your D200. And, play away.

Enjoy.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(10-Apr-2015, 13:24)Rufus McDufus Wrote: No you shouldn't have problems.  AIR (standing for 'Asynchronous Intelligente Route') is Devialet's proprietary sender/receiver solution for sending music over a TCP/IP network.   Using a USB connection to the Devialet utilises a different protocol - USB Audio.

Excellent, thank you.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Confused again as I am using it through the Ethernet option on the 200. 3 hours and no dropouts or white noise. It is connected by USB to the lap top but I didn't change the source input
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Again my apologies for all the questions.

I have been playing music for over 3 hours now with the laptop connected to the 200 with a USB cable, no dropouts at all. This is being played with Ethernet as the input ......so is this still using AIR.?

When I change the input to USB there is nothing there so I am now getting a little confused.

If this means I can use the laptop to get a stable connection for music playback this could be my fix for now. If this continues to work is it worth getting a decent USB cable like Nordost or Audioquest or will it make little difference as the music is on my NAS.
Noticed one major thing, there is abiut a 15 second delay when changing a track or album
If the Devialet input is set to Ethernet then it must be using AIR. Sounds like you're lucky. Not everyone gets the white noise/dropout problems with AIR. Devialet only claim about 5% (?) of people have problems (!)

You may need to switch the AIR app off (or just deactivate it) on the laptop in order for USB output to work, not sure if that's the reason why you're not getting anything via USB.
(10-Apr-2015, 14:52)Rufus McDufus Wrote: If the Devialet input is set to Ethernet then it must be using AIR. Sounds like you're lucky. Not everyone gets the white noise/dropout problems with AIR. Devialet only claim about 5% (?) of people have problems (!)

You may need to switch the AIR app off (or just deactivate it) on the laptop in order for USB output to work, not sure if that's the reason why you're not getting anything via USB.

I have had major problems with white noise since I got the 200 four weeks ago. But now I have had none for 3 hours. This is since I connected laptop to 200 with USB cable. So it looks like this is just a coincidence .........wow !! Will leave it playing to see if the White noise comes back 
(10-Apr-2015, 14:33)Womaz Wrote: Again my apologies for all the questions.

I have been playing music for over 3 hours now with the laptop connected to the 200 with a USB cable, no dropouts at all. This is being played with Ethernet as the input ......so is this still using AIR.?

When I change the input to USB there is nothing there so I am now getting a little confused.

If this means I can use the laptop to get a stable connection for music playback this could be my fix for now. If this continues to work is it worth getting a decent USB cable like Nordost or Audioquest or will it make little difference as the music is on my NAS.

So you are still on AIR and the usb is superflous.  Now try it without the usb - and still without the ipad.   My guess is the ipad is/was your issue.   Is AIR app avail for Ipad, and is it installed and enabled?

This is what I was talking about when I said you need to isolate the problem.

You are getting somewhere...

D200, KEF LS50 / Sumiko S9 Sub Bass,  Audience AU24SE speaker,  Wireworld Silver Electra PC,  Wireworld Platinum Starlight, Straightwire Link USB,  Macbook Pro,  System76 (linux) SSD Laptop,  TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750.  

living in Salt Lake City, USA
I am still using the I pad to control the playback, the Jremlte app to be precise.
If this is just a coincidence then it is an incredible one as now approaching 4 hours. By far the longest I have got without white noise
Try removing the USB cable and see if you get white noise again!