Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cheap temporary streamer
hk6230 opened thread on bluesound and since then i got hocked to it only because of hires and newer than Sonos. I ordered for Bluesound despite HK's suggestion towards Sonos and in the market where Sonos is more appreciated due to app robustness. Its arriving tomorrow. Will update how it went in Hk's Bluesound thread or open a new thread.

However, what it replaces or adds to my existing setup of macbook-air (AIR_ETH), is iphone (bluesound app) + Ipad (Bluesound app). Do I really need it ? i m seeing drops and white noise with AIR_ETH (with AE dedicated to Devialet). White noise is not frequent, maybe once a days during my music sessions and drops observed 2-3 times.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
(09-Apr-2015, 02:34)Jnan_devi Wrote: hk6230 opened thread on bluesound and since then i got hocked to it only because of hires and newer than Sonos. I ordered for Bluesound despite HK's suggestion towards Sonos and in the market where Sonos is more appreciated due to app robustness. Its arriving tomorrow. Will update how it went in Hk's Bluesound thread or open a new thread.

However, what it replaces or adds to my existing setup of macbook-air (AIR_ETH), is iphone (bluesound app) + Ipad (Bluesound app). Do I really need it ? i m seeing drops and white noise with AIR_ETH (with AE dedicated to Devialet). White noise is not frequent, maybe once a days during my music sessions and drops observed 2-3 times.

Well, Bluesound Node is an excellent pieve of hardware if you want to play 24-bit, 96/192kHz music files. Like Sonos, it does support several cloud music services such as Tidal, Deezer, Spotify, Rdio, WiMP, HDtracks, Qobuz, Tunein, etc. The only thing is, all these services are not well supported and/or reliable in China. The only reliable service is Tunein but with only limited radio station availability. And with Node, you can access your external NAS in your network. However, its indexing is slow. Every time a new music music is added in your NAS, you will need to reindex all files again and it's kind of slow.

Please do note that though Bluesound Node's optical link can output 24/192 bitrates but Devialet's optical input can only support up to 24/96 bitrates. I circumvent this by adding a toslink to coaxial converter.

IOS/Android/Desktop apps are essential in controlling Bluesound and music selection. With Bluesound, like any other streamer, your computer (Mac/PC) is bypassed, and you will never encounter white noises. But, it's still debatable whether AIR offers better sound.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Some great posts on here and thank you to all who contributed.

After looking at all of the options on here I still feel that maybe it is best to wait till AIR is more robust, as the other options all seem to have their drawbacks too.
Sonos looks excellent, but no high res playback.
Bluesound - having to rescan database annd time consuming.

There is also the possibility that Dialog could be the answer in the future. So for now will stick with AIR and switch to the CD player when the problems occur.

One last question, again as a temporary solution. My music is on a QNAP NAS drive. If I connect my laptop to the 200 with a USB cable, how would this eliminate the dropouts? There is no music actually on my laptop. Again apologies if this is a basic question.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
This might be of interest to those looking for a good value streamer ....

http://www.whathifi.com/news/may-2015-issue-sale-now
(09-Apr-2015, 09:40)Womaz Wrote: Some great posts on here and thank you to all who contributed.

After looking at all of the options on here I still feel that maybe it is best to wait till AIR is more robust, as the other options all seem to have their drawbacks too.

There is also the possibility that Dialog could be the answer in the future. So for now will stick with AIR and switch to the CD player when the problems occur.

One last question, again as a temporary solution. My music is on a QNAP NAS  drive. If I connect my laptop to the 200 with a USB cable, how would this eliminate the dropouts? There is no music actually on my laptop. Again apologies if this is a basic question.

USB input eliminates AIR. So, no dropouts.  But, to your point - how would you direct the music from the NAS without AIR?  Can you simply control JRiver w ipad and use ethernet input on 200?   Ask/look around on the forum as surely someone else is running a like setup.

Once you have a working solution - then - you can systematically work thru your setup and uncover the event(s) that cause AIR issues. 

D200, KEF LS50 / Sumiko S9 Sub Bass,  Audience AU24SE speaker,  Wireworld Silver Electra PC,  Wireworld Platinum Starlight, Straightwire Link USB,  Macbook Pro,  System76 (linux) SSD Laptop,  TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750.  

living in Salt Lake City, USA
(09-Apr-2015, 14:45)bobertk Wrote:
(09-Apr-2015, 09:40)Womaz Wrote: Some great posts on here and thank you to all who contributed.

One last question, again as a temporary solution. My music is on a QNAP NAS  drive. If I connect my laptop to the 200 with a USB cable, how would this eliminate the dropouts? There is no music actually on my laptop. Again apologies if this is a basic question.

USB input eliminates AIR. So, no dropouts.  But, to your point - how would you direct the music from the NAS without AIR?  Can you simply control JRiver w ipad and use ethernet input on 200?   Ask/look around on the forum as surely someone else is running a like setup.

Once you have a working solution - then - you can systematically work thru your setup and uncover the event(s) that cause AIR issues. 

Yes, he can use JRemote on iPad to control JRiver to select and play songs from his NAS. 
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Once again thanks for all the input .Maybe my temporary solution is to use my lap top via USB on certain occasions.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Just to add that the Devialet range is outstanding in my opinion, but very badly let down by poor documentation, poor communication and dreadful customer service.
Cani I just clarify that if I connect my laptop to the 200 with a USB cable I will not get the AIR issues.?

I am not technical at all and I guess I don't undersatnd this as the music is on my NAS drive not my lap top
No you shouldn't have problems. AIR (standing for 'Asynchronous Intelligente Route') is Devialet's proprietary sender/receiver solution for sending music over a TCP/IP network. Using a USB connection to the Devialet utilises a different protocol - USB Audio.