Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chromecast support
Hi,

New to the forum but a happy owner of 2 reactor 600’s. 
To get straight to the point. The pre-release mentioned the speakers having chromecast support. Unfortunately this didn’t make it to the final product. I submitted this as an feature request on the website of Devialet. (https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/requests/new)

I rhink the more people submit the request the higher it will go on the list. 

Chromecast would be a great feature. Adding a nest mini to your home and making the devialets the default speakers instantly makes them smart.
(30-Jan-2021, 13:26)Ppost Wrote: The pre-release mentioned the speakers having chromecast support.

Where was Chromecast support mentioned? Can you share a link or screenshot?
I’ve been keen to do this for awhile to better control Spotify Connect with voice commands. Are there many alternatives or hacked together workarounds. I’ve tried connecting a Google Home Mini to the Phantoms by Bluetooth and setting as default speaker but the connection drops after a while of non-use. Could connect a chrome cast audio via optical to the Phantoms, but their optical auto switch doesn’t recognise the chrome cast turning on (at least doesn’t work for me but auto switch has always been flakey for me. Any other ideas? Or tips to get optical auto switch working?
(02-Feb-2021, 04:35)torikelz4545 Wrote:
(30-Jan-2021, 13:26)Ppost Wrote: The pre-release mentioned the speakers having chromecast support.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/devialet...om-reactor

I can't find it from Devialet itself but there are multiple sites with older articles (around release of the Reactors) that mention it.
(03-Feb-2021, 10:47)Ppost Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 04:35)torikelz4545 Wrote:

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/devialet...om-reactor

I can't find it from Devialet itself but there are multiple sites with older articles (around release of the Reactors) that mention it.

LOL from 2018. I guess it is still possible then... Roon Ready for Phantoms took how many years.
(03-Feb-2021, 06:02)cyrus.b Wrote: I’ve been keen to do this for awhile to better control Spotify Connect with voice commands.  Are there many alternatives or hacked together workarounds.  I’ve tried connecting a Google Home Mini to the Phantoms by Bluetooth and setting as default speaker but the connection drops after a while of non-use. Could connect a chrome cast audio via optical to the Phantoms, but their optical auto switch doesn’t recognise the chrome cast turning on (at least doesn’t work for me but auto switch has always been flakey for me. Any other ideas?  Or tips to get optical auto switch working?

The optical auto switch is turned on only when you play a file through the optical wire plugged to one of the phantom (for example when you turn on the TV if the optical wire is connected to the TV audio out).
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
(20-Feb-2021, 22:48)eniriop Wrote:
(03-Feb-2021, 06:02)cyrus.b Wrote: I’ve been keen to do this for awhile to better control Spotify Connect with voice commands.  Are there many alternatives or hacked together workarounds.  I’ve tried connecting a Google Home Mini to the Phantoms by Bluetooth and setting as default speaker but the connection drops after a while of non-use. Could connect a chrome cast audio via optical to the Phantoms, but their optical auto switch doesn’t recognise the chrome cast turning on (at least doesn’t work for me but auto switch has always been flakey for me. Any other ideas?  Or tips to get optical auto switch working?

The optical auto switch is turned on only when you play a file through the optical wire plugged to one of the phantom (for example when you turn on the TV if the optical wire is connected to the TV audio out).

I'm currently using chromecast audio via optical switch to enable lossless streaming to Phantoms. Since I'm very interested in native chromecast support i asked about it on the android app review and got the following response (2019)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chromecast audio has even been dropped by Google! So, I would not expect much here.
(08-Mar-2021, 21:16)streamy Wrote: Chromecast audio has even been dropped by Google! So, I would not expect much here.

Chromecast audio is the dongle from Google which is indeed dropped. Chromecast support (chromecast build in) is a software function which can be included through a software update of the phantoms. Unlike Airplay which is hardware based, and of course already included functionality
We really need this, I thought it was just me that wanted chromecast