Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic Phantom pair - No low-mids, shoebox sound
2 other sets of differents speakers - same position - work perfectly. My room is OK.

No answer from Devialet's engineers since 10 days I opened a case at their support with all needed information regarding the issues.

This morning the Phantoms are packed again, and waiting for sending back to Devialet with refunding.
(30-May-2020, 11:14)EmmanuelG Wrote: 2 other sets of differents speakers - same position - work perfectly. My room is OK.

No answer from Devialet's engineers since 10 days I opened a case at their support with all needed information regarding the issues.

This morning the Phantoms are packed again, and waiting for sending back to Devialet with refunding.

Meaning you’ve had the chance to borrow two Classic Premiers from a friend and compare both yours and others in your room?
No I did not. I have compared to my other speakers.

When it comes to Devialet I expect their support team to be able to help, without having to find/borrow speakers, or move mine to stores - which are mostly closed BTW. Especially for those heavy and fragile designs: if any scratch/bump happens they'll refuse to take them back and charge me for repair. That's why I would not take this risk to do their job.
(03-Jun-2020, 15:33)EmmanuelG Wrote: No I did not. I have compared to my other speakers.

When it comes to Devialet I expect their support team to be able to help, without having to find/borrow speakers, or move mine to stores - which are mostly closed BTW. Especially for those heavy and fragile designs: if any scratch/bump happens they'll refuse to take them back and charge me for repair. That's why I would not take this risk to do their job.

So you just need to convince Devialet CS to take them back and ask for substitution. Not sure if you bought them from the online store, but I still remember the 30 days free trial. 

Your feedback is purely based on your personal listening. Even if well justified in this forum pages and if you do not have the possibility to compare your stereo couple with an identical couple by an authorized Devialet dealer, and if you can’t ship them back because not covered by the sales warranties applied, the CS at Devialet has to be convinced that they sold you a faulty pair of speakers. 

————
Unfortunately I was immediately disappointed at the first tunes I sent to them. What I was very unpleasantly surprised with was:
  • low-medium almost absent

• bass very weak
I can describe the sound as muffled, coming from a shoebox or a low-quality 80's plastic boombox. Singers seem have their nose pinched. Pianos seem to have a pillow on their cords. I cannot tell anything but that's very bad !‘
————
CS was very smart on the phone but at the end:
- they did not really pay attention to all my descriptions and critical listening vs other speakers
- they did not investigate anything / suggest replacement / expand period for retraction of my purchase

Their only "advices" was to change placement options... one more proof they did not watch the videos I sent them because I already tried that  Angry

I am very upset because I gave them all the clues to investigate, made a lot of tests, recorded differents song playing vs other speakers, etc. That was time consuming but I wanted to understand the problem. Only return from them to my gentle help was 1/ silence 2/ stupid questions - I mean questions which was already answered to in my long problem descriptions.

I will not try to convince anybody at Devialet. I am a customer. If they fail to help me, that's it. The Phantoms will go back to them on Friday.

Thanks for your reply Smile