Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cnx2 to phantoms
(11-Jul-2020, 14:30)bluestar Wrote: can you please suggest what upnp u use , i am on iOS.
You can use MinimServer as the UPnP Server and mConnect as the UPnP controller App
(11-Jul-2020, 21:26)eladeb Wrote: @Snoopy8
Pics attached .
The speaker are 2.26m apart
And 2.57m from the seating point in a triangle.
Stand hight 0.55cm from ground.
Good to know positions and they are on stands. Cannot see photos. Also room sketch including dimensions please.
@Snoopy8
Ops.....(:
here a pic of my living room.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-Jul-2020, 18:27)eladeb Wrote: Something else iv noticed is the overwhelming bass but not in the good way like low bass that overcome every other mid/high sound the the phantom producing.
When i get up from the couch the bass is changing to normal.
Thank you for your room information (and you have a big dog!)

The boominess in the bass could be because of reinforcement from the recess where your TV is and where the speakers are in the room.  Hearing better bass when you get up means that you can improve things by shifting the speakers (or the sitting position?). Suggest ignoring the equilateral triangle and place the speakers wider apart. Or maybe put them forward, bring the right in line with the left. Try a few positions.  Even changing a location by 30 cm can affect the bass.  

Also, there is not much soft materials in the room and you will have lots of reflections reducing the clarity of the mids and highs.  A thick rug, cushions, even a bookshelf with books can help here.
@Snoopy8

thanks for analyzing the pics.
i tried to line them up equally with no change at the sound boom.
il try to wide them more and line them again soon as get home to see the affect.
is there a chance that stands i build is just not good enough?

BTW
its a very small Labrador the wide angle made her huge (;
(13-Jul-2020, 08:20)eladeb Wrote: i tried to line them up equally with no change at the sound boom.
il try to wide them more and line them again soon as get home to see the affect.
is there a chance that stands i build is just not good enough?
Your bass boominess can be reduced by changing the position of the speakers and listening position. It is of course, limited by your room and where you can place them. As a test, can you position them along the length of the room and see how they sound?

Your speaker stands will not affect the bass boominess. You should consider making them shorter to allow for the tilt of the Phantoms. Ideally, the tweeter should be pointed at ear level at the listening position.
Hi @Snoopy8
Tried various changes with placing them in new positions.
No good...

I think that the boominess is come from the echo return under the sideboard in between the speakers and the big couch im seating on...
The boominess is caused by the room interacting with the Phantoms and you appear to have a particularly difficult room.  I was hoping that moving the speakers and/or changing the listening position could reduce this but it does not appear to be so. You can try moving the sideboard to test, but I doubt it will change things.

Ideally, you should be measuring the room with software such as REW and then add bass traps, which are big into the corners of the room. But bass traps are not usually acceptable in a shared room.  

Maybe it is possible to reduce some the boominess with an equaliser by reducing the bass?  Suggest asking Devialet whether you can get an early version of the DOS2 EQ and try it.
Thanks,
il try connecting Devialet and ask if there is any prerelease of eq.
Iv got some interesting answer from devialet.

Il update....