Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion won't work after Devialet service
I had a problem (posted here) with the companion on my D400 - the light went nuts and was on white constantly.  It was under warranty so sent it off to Devialet for repairs but before I sent it I popped the config card out.  It arrived today and I popped it back in and reconnected to my system it won't work.  If I manually turn it on it will come on and say it is a 400 but if I turn on the master it won't fire up the companion and when I play music it only plays on the master.  I rechecked cables (all in Dig 1) and even did a new config but nothing.

When I press thru the display on the companion there is an item that says "Link Status None".  I don't know what that means but guessing it isn't linked to the master?  See photo below.

Any ideas?

This looks like the behaviour I saw when I tried to use a mono trigger cable instead of a stereo one after having activated one input on the companion.

A mono trigger cable is like no trigger cable, do you have one in place?

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Solved.

Apparently Devialet upgraded the firmware on the Companion. I upgraded the firmware on my Master and then it worked.