Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configuration
Is there away to use the configuration offline ?

I prefer not to rely on Devialet and have my own backup option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, configurator is available online only.
Configuration file can be edited offline, but it is useless because of CRC validation, that DEVIALEt only can perform.
The fact is that a lot of money has been pumped into Devialet and they're selling more and more products. I'm sure they'll be around for a long long time and so will the on line configurator. So unless you're planning to go and live under a rock somewhere with no internet connection, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Don't forget too that Devialet are working to get all three products on the same operating system so eventually there'll have to be a newer and better configurator.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(13-Jan-2020, 11:21)Pim Wrote: The fact is that a lot of money has been pumped into Devialet and they're selling more and more products. I'm sure they'll be around for a long long time and so will the on line configurator. So unless you're planning to go and live under a rock somewhere with no internet connection, I'm sure you'll be fine.

Don't forget too that Devialet are working to get all three products on the same operating system so eventually there'll have to be a newer and better configurator.

I’m certain you’re correct and Devialet will continue supporting expert line for many years to come

I wish I wouldn’t need to rely on them but it’s probably childish wishful thinking

Thx

You can save backups of your configuration file or files on your computer and copy them to an SSD card for use with your amp at any stage so you can always have a backup. I keep several configuration files saved on my computer, configurations with and without SAM, and with or without DPM, so I can easily swap configurations at any time without having to create and download a new file if I want to change some things.

If it comes to the worst, as it did for me last year at one stage when the card slot in my 140 stopped working, you can revert to the factory configuration and run without a configuration file as I did for a few days. It's not a perfect option, you lose some things such as phono settings and SAM, and you're stuck with a startup volume of -40 dB but network connections still work provided you're using DHCP addresses since that's the default setting for your network connections, but it does work when you can't use a configuration file for some reason and running on Factory Configuration wasn't as bad as being without the amp for a while when it went back to France for repair.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(13-Jan-2020, 14:25)David A Wrote: You can save backups of your configuration file or files on your computer and copy them to an SSD card for use with your amp at any stage so you can always have a backup. I keep several configuration files saved on my computer, configurations with and without SAM, and with or without DPM, so I can easily swap configurations at any time without having to create and download a new file if I want to change some things.

If it comes to the worst, as it did for me last year at one stage when the card slot in my 140 stopped working, you can revert to the factory configuration and run without a configuration file as I did for a few days. It's not a perfect option, you lose some things such as phono settings and SAM, and you're stuck with a startup volume of -40 dB but network connections still work provided you're using DHCP addresses since that's the default setting for your network connections, but it does work when you can't use a configuration file for some reason and running on Factory Configuration wasn't as bad as being without the amp for a while when it went back to France for repair.

Factory setting , Wow that’s a very interesting point ,,,,

I own 800, do you think I can run it as bi amp instead In factory mode ?

As for SD cars , I made several copies identical copies

Thx

(13-Jan-2020, 15:09)no32 Wrote:
(13-Jan-2020, 14:25)David A Wrote: You can save backups of your configuration file or files on your computer and copy them to an SSD card for use with your amp at any stage so you can always have a backup. I keep several configuration files saved on my computer, configurations with and without SAM, and with or without DPM, so I can easily swap configurations at any time without having to create and download a new file if I want to change some things.

Factory setting , Wow that’s a very interesting point ,,,,

I own 800, do you think I can run it as bi amp instead In factory mode ?

Thx

Hmmm... why not? Basic thing.
Is it that basic when it comes to 800 ?

(13-Jan-2020, 18:21)no32 Wrote: Is it that basic when it comes to 800 ?

Yes. Just tested.

[Image: 6348db4681b650b2bb8ccf1b2add6234.jpg]

Or did you mean you want to biamp in factory mode? That is not possible. You need to make biamp configuration.
(13-Jan-2020, 15:09)no32 Wrote: Factory setting , Wow that’s a very interesting point ,,,,

I own 800, do you think I can run it as bi amp instead  In factory mode ?

Thx

I don't know about the 800. The current dual amp systems are simply 2 amps of the same model with different configurations, one as "master" and one as "slave". That requires the use of the configurator. The 800 is an older dual amp model, before I bought my amp, and I'm not familiar with how things worked then but I thought there was a period where the dual amp setups were sold as a pair with an actual difference of some kind between the amps so maybe you could. 

I think you may need to ask Devialet.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia