Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configurator again not working
A few weeks ago I used the configurator on the web page. I created some config files, edited them multiple times until I had the 220 Exp Pro settings I wanted.

As of now the configurator does not accept the existing config files anymore, not from the online versions, not from an SD card or file on HD.
It only creates new config files. Those I can edit again. All of my previous files I can not edit anymore. Tried 4 browsers on several systems. It really is the configurator refusing to use the older files.

There is no problem with the checksum of the config file in the beginning. When that is incorrect, it gives an error message, which I don't get. Because of that, copy/paste of my settings is also out of the question.

Can someone please help out? This problem seems a repeat of end of 2018 that was also not solved [/url][url=https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Configurator-is-not-working](this thread)
Roon (Mac Mini) / SOtM 220ultra neo / Mutec MC3+ USB / Mutec Ref 10 / Devialet 220 Expert Pro / B&W 802D (v1) / B&W DB1D
Hello @RV8729, welcome to the forum.

I would really encourage you to get in touch with Devialet support about this problem with the configurator, if you haven't done so already. That way they'll know that there's something wrong (still) and will hopefully fix it for everyone's benefit.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(02-Sep-2019, 13:10)thumb5 Wrote: Hello @RV8729, welcome to the forum.

I would really encourage you to get in touch with Devialet support about this problem with the configurator, if you haven't done so already.  That way they'll know that there's something wrong (still) and will hopefully fix it for everyone's benefit.

Will do, thanks
Roon (Mac Mini) / SOtM 220ultra neo / Mutec MC3+ USB / Mutec Ref 10 / Devialet 220 Expert Pro / B&W 802D (v1) / B&W DB1D
Devialet support may not always be quick to respond and often the initial response is pretty rudimentary. But if we don't log tickets, they'll never know there is a problem. It would seem that if they are unwilling to communicate with us, then submitting tickets is the only way to communicate with them.

For what it's worth, about 6 months ago I submitted a ticket that has yet to be resolved but they acknowledged that their engineers are aware. When I asked how I could stay aware of progress, the answer was to subscribe to their newsletter. Has anyone ever seen a Devialet Newsletter? I have not.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Can you share the configuration file, so I can try to see if I'm getting the same error?
Did you try another browser?
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(03-Sep-2019, 17:34)Cylob Wrote: Did you try another browser?
Yes, I tried that, also on mobile (loading the online version), even on 4G to circumvent any LAN blocks. It is not that. A new online generated config file works fine on all browsers so I would not suspect some form of permission issue. The configurator makes a distinction between old (more than about 5 weeks) and new config files, also the ones stored online that could be opened and edited 6 weeks ago. Maybe it looks at the date.

Can you edit any previously made config files, Cylob?
(02-Sep-2019, 18:31)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: Can you share the configuration file, so I can try to see if I'm getting the same error?

Hi Daniel, here it is. I am curious if it works out.

Attached Files
.txt   dp_cfg.txt (Size: 21.51 KB / Downloads: 12)
(03-Sep-2019, 19:06)RV8729 Wrote:
(02-Sep-2019, 18:31)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: Can you share the configuration file, so I can try to see if I'm getting the same error?

Hi Daniel, here it is. I am curious if it works out.

This file cannot be loaded, indeed.
I suppose this is because of "SIGNAL_PROCESSING" section. There are multiple values inside your file that are supposed to be 1, but instead of 1 there is something like 0.999... (see a small extract here below). Also, there are some values like 0.000654..., instead of 0.
All my configuration files has 0 and 1 in this section, and nothing else. I also generated a file for 220 Pro (here attached), and this one also is containing 0 and 1 only.
I don't know if this is happening because of configurator or because of your computer...
When you create a new configuration and save the file, you also get such values?
Try to re-create here attached configuration and check the file against the one here attached. I made this configuration by just clicking on "next", "next" etc., without changing anything. You should get the same result.

"SIGNAL_PROCESSING":{
    "ADH_MIX_A":[1,0,0,0,0,1,0,0],
    "ADH_MIX_B":[1,0,0,0,0,1,0,0],
    "ADH_BQ_1_L_A":[0,-0.99934592952523,0.99934592952523,0,0.99869185905046,1],
    "ADH_BQ_2_L_A":[0,-0.99934592952523,0.99934592952523,0,0.99869185905046,1],
    "ADH_BQ_3_L_A":[0,0,1,0,0,1],
    "ADH_BQ_4_L_A":[0,0,1,0,0,1],

Attached Files
.txt   dp_cfg.txt (Size: 20.67 KB / Downloads: 9)
(03-Sep-2019, 18:52)RV8729 Wrote:
(03-Sep-2019, 17:34)Cylob Wrote: Did you try another browser?
Yes, I tried that, also on mobile (loading the online version), even on 4G to circumvent any LAN blocks. It is not that. A new online generated config file works fine on all browsers so I would not suspect some form of permission issue. The configurator makes a distinction between old (more than about 5 weeks) and new config files, also the ones stored online that could be opened and edited 6 weeks ago. Maybe it looks at the date.

Can you edit any previously made config files, Cylob?

I did try and open some old config files both locally stored and saved configurations in my devialet profile online and made changes to them. I even saved one locally and reloaded them into the configurator. (Didn't try and load them on my D200 though). So it seems to work for me.
Using Chrome btw.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)