Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Configurator is not working
Thumbs Down 
One week ago I received the upgraded 440 pro with core infinity. But I can not use the configurator! Very very bad . I simply receive a blank screen. I tried it on 2 Mac Laptops on each with Firefox and Safari, no success. Devialet: " Once I've got more info, I will let you know." I think this it not acceptable. Has anybody a solution for that problem except selling the Devialets?
Best regards Loris
(23-Sep-2018, 16:34)LorisB Wrote: One week ago I received the upgraded 440 pro with core infinity. But I can not use the configurator! Very very bad . I simply receive a blank screen. I tried it on 2 Mac Laptops on each with Firefox and Safari, no success. Devialet: " Once I've got more info, I will let you know." I think this it not acceptable. Has anybody a solution for that problem except selling the Devialets?
Best regards Loris

It does not help: I have no Problem with W10 and Firefox!

waka1913
Win Server 2012R (i3 3100, 16GB Ram), div. Player (Amarra4, JR23, BugHead, Stealth Audio Player e.a.) <  Devialet 200 < JBL Everest DD66000
(23-Sep-2018, 17:02)waka1914 Wrote:
(23-Sep-2018, 16:34)LorisB Wrote: One week ago I received the upgraded 440 pro with core infinity. But I can not use the configurator! Very very bad . I simply receive a blank screen. I tried it on 2 Mac Laptops on each with Firefox and Safari, no success. Devialet: " Once I've got more info, I will let you know." I think this it not acceptable. Has anybody a solution for that problem except selling the Devialets?
Best regards Loris

It does not help: I have no Problem with W10 and Firefox!

waka1913

Hello LorisB, do you have a virus scanner or firewall installed? If so, turn off the scanner and try again. I had the problem with Win10! Shy
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(23-Sep-2018, 16:34)LorisB Wrote: Una settimana fa ho ricevuto l'upgrade 440 pro con core infinity. Ma non posso usare il configuratore! Molto molto male . Ho semplicemente ricevuto una schermata vuota. L'ho provato su 2 Mac Laptops su ognuno con Firefox e Safari, senza successo. Devialet: "Una volta che avrò più informazioni, ti farò sapere." Penso che non sia accettabile. Qualcuno ha una soluzione per questo problema tranne la vendita dei Devialets?
Cordiali saluti Loris

Nessun problema con Win 7 e Chrome, con Firewall e antivirus attivi.
Clearaudio Solution Cmb - Clearaudio Syncro Power - Achromat - The Wand Plus II - AT Oc9 III - Nuc Cirrus7  Roon Rock - Cisco sg200-08 - D220 Expert Pro Ci - PMC LB1 Signature with SAM - Egglestonworks Fontaine II - 2x BK 200Xls ff Mk2 - Meicord Eth - Siltech New York - Audioquest Nrg Z3 - HAF Drc

Marietto - Italia
Try Google Chrome - works on an iMac today, (and clear the cache before staring your configuration.)

I have often had problems with the configurator using Safari and Firefox, but usually corrupted files rather than no access at all.
Best regards Loris

I have a dumb question, because I have a pre-upgrade (no Core Infinity) 400:

Is the configurator now directly available over the network, or do you still have to download a text file to an SD card on a separate computer, and then upload it manually into the Expert?
Sad to say, it's still done by downloading the config file onto an SD card as it has been for time immemorial...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(28-Oct-2018, 21:37)thumb5 Wrote: Sad to say, it's still done by downloading the config file onto an SD card as it has been for time immemorial...

Ugh.

I've been holding off on the upgrade to Core Infinity in the hopes that at least 1 or 2 of my 'must buy' features are added (network-based configurator, convolution engine, reel-to-reel tape EQ curves, 3-way crossover support), but sadly it seems not have been added.

At least native RAAT support is coming....sometime...
Built-in configuration was supposed to be third on Devialet's priority list for the Expert Pro CI, after RAAT and Bluetooth support (stated by Devialet at the OAC event in July). Also, it was expected to be "a subset of the current configurator".
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
From memory they also ruled out convolution, well at least in any sense of ‘ no but maybe one day we’ll look into it’. You have to assume that rules out any other EQ effects that, frankly, the devices are custom designed for. It’s hard to imagine why they keep over-speccing their hardware with unused DSP chips - they’re not going to come up with a way of using themselves!

Does anything have tape EQ? Convolution and EQ in general seems to be pretty much the way most modern actives are going for example so Devialet really missed the boat there they could have lead the way. But never seen tape EQ. I think it’s a great idea. Would have loved the ability to try a valve sound too. There are plugins for such things but sadly not via Roon.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<