Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect Reactor 900 with KEF lsx.. ?
Hi everybody,

Has anyone tried to connect the Reactors with other speakers?  Is it possible?

My wish would be to connect a pair of KEF lsx with one Reactor 900.
Do you think this could be possible with W3 Wireless Audio Adapter or something else?

Thank you for your feedback
Welcome to the forum.

If you have a source which can drive your Lsx and output optical at the same time, it may be possible to feed the Reactor. Note that there is latency in the optical output of the Reactor which can be reduced using optical direct mode.

It may be possible in the future when the Reactors get Airplay 2 using its multi room capability.

Not related, but you should be getting a pair of Reactors rather than 1. A stereo pair is so much better, if budget permits.
Hi, Thank you,

Audiengine confirmed me it's possible to connect R900 with others speakers using the W3 Wireless Audio Adapter, also there are also other possibilities, but because of the latency i will not get into this adventure.

Unfortunately, i'm not considering buying a pair of R900 because i find that the medium lacks grain and treble often sounds artificial (computerised) on certain frequencies, especially with female voices...
i was considering using it as a center unit for the great bass and amazing design.
Ideally, you should be using a centre with the same brand and series as the left and right. But there is no matching centre for the Lsx! Next best is to tonally match: centre that sounds the same as left and right.

I suspect that none of the Devialet products will suit your taste.
Hi, Thank you Snoopy,

Do someone know if we could expect a "Gold" version of the Reactor, build with 3-way speakers like the premier..?

Could be awesome...
I think i have found a good compromise coupling with the B&W PV1 subwoofer, very similar look of the phantom!  

Anyone have heard the B&W PV1D or pv1.. ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(26-May-2020, 23:23)Snoopy8 Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

If you have a source which can drive your Lsx and output optical at the same time, it may be possible to feed the Reactor. Note that there is latency in the optical output of the Reactor which can be reduced using optical direct mode.

It may be possible in the future when the Reactors get Airplay 2 using its multi room capability.

Not related, but you should be getting a pair of Reactors rather than 1. A stereo pair is so much better, if budget permits.
Hi!  One thing to note is that you will get better latency if you do not use "Custom Install Mode" in the Reactors.  In "Custom Install Mode" the latency is hard coded at 190ms ( I need to verify this)... :-(.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante