Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting 220 to my network
Have a 220Pro CI
The configuration is set to allow Wi-Fi with a fixed IP address (192.168.1.102) and ethernet with fixed address 192.168.1.104.

Using the remote's source button to scroll through the inputs, Ethernet is not shown (1)

USB and Digital work fine

If AIR is chosen, the display shows the wi-fi symbol and scrolling through the config using the right button shows 192.168.1.102

The router shows Expert220 on IP address 192.168.1.102 on the list of connected devices with the Devialet's MAC address

Using JRiver on a Windows 10 machine, with the Default sound device as Devialet AIR and JR also set to use AIR, on playback there is no sound (2)

Have rebooted PC and Devialet many times

Are there any pointers to what might be the problem with issues (1) and (2)

I am fairly good with computers and networking

Thank you
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds
Try a configuration with wifi off if you want ethernet. I seem to remember something that if both are on for the same source (as in a stream from your computer) then the Devialet defaults to wifi and ignores the ethernet signal.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Have tried both

1 - Wi-fi on, ethernet off
2 - Wi-fi off, ethernet on

In (1) when AIR is selected, the display shows AIR with the wi-fi signal symbol
In (2) AIR cannot be selected
In (2) there is still no Ethernet

There are other strange inputs offered, like ROON READY, Spotify, UPNP, Airplay

There does not seem to be any documentation. I sent two emails to Devialet and received an auto-response

The lack of proper documentation is a nuisance and detracts from the use of the unit
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds
Received a reply from Paul at Devialet

His instructions:

Take out the SD card, plug in an ethernet cable and restart the unit (so it is in DHCP mode)
Did that
It gets an IP address 192.168.1.25
(Running arp-a in a Command Line window shows the Devialet with the MAC address and other devices on the network)
Configured the PC and JRiver to use the AIR driver
Chose "AIR"
No sound
Went through the other inputs with no result

Operated the Devialet app on an iPad on the same network. It sees the unit as "Expert 220 Pro-9067"
It will switch on but as soon as the volume is adjusted or try and choose another input "Cannot find a Devialet" appears

Have power cycled the unit a few times with no improvement
(10-Oct-2021, 16:05)chrisc Wrote: Have tried both

1 - Wi-fi on, ethernet off
2 - Wi-fi off, ethernet on

In (1) when AIR is selected, the display shows AIR with the wi-fi signal symbol
In (2) AIR cannot be selected
In (2) there is still no Ethernet

There are other strange inputs offered, like ROON READY, Spotify, UPNP, Airplay

There does not seem to be any documentation.  I sent two emails to Devialet and received an auto-response

The lack of proper documentation is a nuisance and detracts from the use of the unit

In your situation (2) you will not see an Ethernet input, what you see are inputs like Roon Ready, Spotify, UPNP, Airplay. These are all ethernet inputs and if you look carefully you will see an ethernet symbol displayed along side each one, just as you earlier mentioned the WiFi symbol displayed alongside AIR in case (1). You're right about thinking that some documentation would help.

I think the issue most probably has something to do with your settings on your computer. I haven't used a Windows machine in 20 years, I've never used JRiver, and it's over 4 years now since I used Devialet's AIR app on my Mac.  I would guess that your problem lies with something in your settings but I don't know where to suggest looking.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
@chrisc, I'd start by disabling wi-fi and trying to get the wired Ethernet connection to work reliably.

How is the 220 Pro connected to the router - that's to say, what runs of Ethernet cable, switches, etc. are present?

Likewise, how is your PC connected to the router? (Perhaps just by wi-fi?)

How is the router configured to allocate the fixed IP address(es) to the D220? For example, by a fixed DHCP lease tied to the D220's MAC address, or by reserving part of the DHCP address pool which you allocate manually?

Are you sure there are no other devices which might also be allocated or using either of the D220's IP addresses?

Just some starting points, but knowing the answers to those questions might help narrow down where the problem lies.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Thanks for the replies. I suspect it is network related. Have tested each cable with a cable tester which shows all 8 conductors correctly

Please have a look at my reply on 15th October at 13.40

The Devialet gets an address via DHCP - address 192.168.1.25. There is a new Cat7 cable about 8m long
The PC connects to the same network via a cable - address 192.168.1.22
There is a media streamer on the same network - address 192.168.1.21

There are various wireless devices - iPhones, iPad, Samsung TV, all with different IP addresses

The AIR driver is loaded and is the default sound device

Running the Devialet app on an iPad sees it as as "Expert 220 Pro-9067"
It will switch on but as soon as the volume is adjusted or try and choose another input "Cannot find a Devialet" appears

I will check a computer attached to the same cable as the Devialet
Chris, have you tested Roon? Both the Air and RAAT implementations?

I never had any joy with the native Air application, both on OSX and Windows, but Roon solved all the streaming issues.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa