Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting 220 to my network
(10-Feb-2018, 14:17)petrik Wrote:
(10-Feb-2018, 12:55)K4680 Wrote: @petrik,  there is another way. Almost all routers have the option "always assign the same IP to the devices"! The router then reserves the IP, as soon as the device logs on, it gets assigned the reserved IP!

Thanks for the advice! Let's see if I can find this setting Smile

For example:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(10-Feb-2018, 08:09)petrik Wrote:
(09-Feb-2018, 21:35)maxijazz Wrote:
(09-Feb-2018, 07:03)petrik Wrote: Are you sure? Fixed IP works just fine here (except with Spotify).

Yes. https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...bruary-5th: Still being worked on. 

I have been told by D team, that fixed IPs are planned by end of Q1.

Ok, got it. I have been using fixed IP all the time with these different beta FW's...

DHCP is (implicitly) used despite of the fixed IP set in Configurator. So i initially thought, that i will keep the fixed config, but D team advised it is better to set DHCP explicitly.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(10-Feb-2018, 09:52)petrik Wrote: I typically enter the Devialet's IP address to the browser and I report bugs from there. It's just more convenient to access that page when the IP address is fixed.

There are also some very basic settings available on that page. I wonder whether they will improve it so that it could be used as a configurator in the future. They are already having some overlapping features like Wifi / Ethernet configuration.

[Image: Devialet%20Configuration.PNG?raw=1]

Hi Petrik, wow,I did not know about tis option to do at least some basic configuration. Also, it seems that future software updates can be loaded this way?
Thank you for showing this option!
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
How did you find this possibility?
Is there something else I don't know about my D...
(11-Feb-2018, 17:48)Waiski Wrote: How did you find this possibility?
Is there something else I don't know about my D...

I think it was some fellow from here Devialetchat that suggested checking this page Smile Can't remember his/her name though.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Strangely without changing obviously anything (the very latest update went smoothly) now Devialet is mostly no longer available in the network. Also tried power off etc.
Using the remote and checking Ethernet Settings it says: No IP address available and the flashing with IP settings in a loop. Has anyone experienced the same?
(26-Feb-2019, 19:37)markush Wrote: Strangely without changing obviously anything (the very latest update went smoothly) now Devialet is mostly no longer available in the network. Also tried power off etc.
Using the remote and checking Ethernet Settings it says: No IP address available and the flashing with IP settings in a loop. Has anyone experienced the same?

I have exactly the same problem. WiFi is turned off, DHCP on, as always and the air driver on my pc sees the Mac address. Yet there is no ip given to any of the 440 units.

No change has been done in my network. Yesterday I upgraded to the latest firmware but no luck. So basically no music listening for me. Pulling plugs here and there is also No solution.

Any help appreciated!
(12-Mar-2019, 21:20)Stino Wrote:
(26-Feb-2019, 19:37)markush Wrote: Strangely without changing obviously anything (the very latest update went smoothly) now Devialet is mostly no longer available in the network. Also tried power off etc.

I have exactly the same problem. WiFi is turned off, DHCP on, as always and the air driver on my pc sees the Mac address. Yet there is no ip given to any of the 440 units.

No change has been done in my network. Yesterday I upgraded to the latest firmware but no luck. So basically no music listening for me. Pulling plugs here and there is also No solution.

Any help appreciated!
I assume that because WiFi is turned off that you are connected by Ethernet. In that case, why are you using the Devialet Air driver? Are you using Roon? Do you have the CI board fitted? If so, remove the Devialet app from your computer and use Roon Air instead. It’s a bit difficult to diagnose as you don’t give details of your setup and it might also be a good idea to compose a signature so that we can help you further.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(13-Mar-2019, 10:26)Axel Wrote: I assume that because WiFi is turned off that you are connected by Ethernet. In that case, why are you using the Devialet Air driver? Are you using Roon? Do you have the CI board fitted? If so, remove the Devialet app from your computer and use Roon Air instead. It’s a bit difficult to diagnose as you don’t give details of your setup and it might also be a good idea to compose a signature so that we can help you further.

Indeed, I am using a fixed connection and not the wifi. CI board is fitted.

Air is used to stream deezer / tidal from my laptop. Since I do not have roon and never felt the need for a dedicated streamer (do not hear a significant difference to justify the price of a high end streamer) this is how i listen to the music. So really a one box solution, i guess Smile

This is my configuration... it just stopped working from one day to another

[Image: fdC4yn.png]
So yesterday I unplugged my ethernet from the companion and put it in the master. After ten seconds or so I had an ip address and Could stream. Beats me. I am very happy it works again