Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Connecting Reactor to TV
(18-Mar-2019, 15:18)qwerty_88 Wrote: Can you connect Reactor with TV that has analog output? What about if TV has TV optical output? Will there be lag?
My phantom golds are hooked to the optical out of my TV. Before DOS 2 there was a noticeable audio lag. With DOS 2 and the Devialet app you can set the audio lag to 60 ms on the speaker receiving the optical output and I don't notice any lag any more. The volume is set by the devialet app on the smartphone.
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
Come back to this topic and would like to know

How to connect 2 Reactors to 1 optical output on TV ?
I just received my stereo pair of Reactor 600's today. As my Toslink 3.5 is still in order i tried connecting my TV's audio via Bluetooth.
This may seem like a crazy option, but my Samsung TV can connect to bluetooth headphones and speakers also.

Using this option:
1. I had zero audio-lagg (tested with some movies, netflix and cable TV)
2. I can control my audio volume via normal TV remote.

Point taken that bluetooth would take a hit on audio quality (eg compression) rather than using Toslink, but I am really happy that this option works pretty good.

Any other people who managed to find a solution, for getting TV remote working with Devialet (e.g. via DAC, Sonos, Bluenode 2i or Nvidia). And if so, what are the limitations of the solution?

Cheers,
Tony
(17-Jan-2021, 00:52)edgecrush3r Wrote: I just received my stereo pair of Reactor 600's today. As my Toslink 3.5 is still in order i tried connecting my TV's audio via Bluetooth.
This may seem like a crazy option, but my Samsung TV can connect to bluetooth headphones and speakers also.

Using this option:
1. I had zero audio-lagg (tested with some movies, netflix and cable TV)
2. I can control my audio volume via normal TV remote.

Point taken that bluetooth would take a hit on audio quality (eg compression) rather than using Toslink, but I am really happy that this option works pretty good.

Any other people who managed to find a solution, for getting TV remote working with Devialet (e.g. via DAC, Sonos, Bluenode 2i or Nvidia). And if so, what are the limitations of the solution?

Cheers,
Tony
Hi Tony, 

Just out of curiosity, how did you get your samsung tv to pair with the reactor? I've been trying for ages now and gave up. I just gathered the bluetooth on the Devialet was another let down. My Samsung TV is from 2020 so shouldn't really be the problem. Hope to hear from you! 

Cheers,
Justin Shy
It worked for me straight away.
1. On the Devialet App, I switch input to Bluetooth
2. On the Samsung TV I select, Settings/Audio/Bluetooth
3. On the TV Select the Reactor from the Bluetooth List.. and Done...

Note this also works fine in a stereo setup.
Now my Toslink is in, I can't notice much different in audio quality, and since Bluetooth I can arrange the volume, this is my preferred method.

For those who worry about the lag/lipsync on Toslink:
> I don't notice any lagg/lipsync issues. I think this is more an issue with the Premier line but is not an issue on the Reactors with latest firmware.