Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Connecting a record player
M1-SDAC is discontinued here.
Sorry, not sure where "here" is but in the UK its also discontinued but there's usually a few on Ebay brand new. Its a cracking piece of kit. So versatile.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
Any updates on this thread for best way to get from your phono preamp to Dialog Toslink and use high end turntable.
I've been using this $35 adapter that does 192/48 with my Technics SL-1200. Not proper high-end but good enough for me.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0055EBH5S/ref...8xb8CBMESH
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
I've been using the pro-ject digital for some time, whilst it's not an LP12 it works pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(14-Oct-2016, 19:03)DSD Wrote: I've been using the pro-ject digital for some time, whilst it's not an LP12 it works pretty good

Is the Project digital you are using toslink out into the Dialog?
Yes bill it puts out 96/24 via TOSLINK which can go straight into dialog or phantom, it's got a good arm and a great ortofon cart included it's around 350 euros all in I think

I bought a used Mytek 96 ADC on EBay and together with a Whest Phono stage it has solved my vinyl replay problem. My TT now sound fabulous through the Phantoms. I have to say though, that providing you have a decent phono even something like the CYP will give good results.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
Try the heos demon pretty amp optical and rca in works perfectly with my tts

Reviving this thread as I'm looking for some feedback on what you guys bought and if something new was released since...

I'm looking for a Phono Stage doing A / D converter which also works as a pre-amp for my Beyerdynamic TP5 headphones allowing me to plug my turntable on my Gold Phantoms. I'm ready to spent around €500 ($600) or slightly more if it's worth the investment.

As of now, reading several topics on this forum, I'm tempted by the "Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital" but reviews are only ok / good.

Would that be the right purchase for my budget or something else in mind?