Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
Quote:The thing about point (2) is that it might simultaneously be both the reason why having a Roon Ready streamer board would be such a good thing and the reason why it's not likely to happen.  From what we see, Devialet seem to have a strong "not invented here" syndrome coupled with a rather undisciplined approach to software development and release, so the last thing they would want is to be beholden to a third party putting a stamp of approval on something they develop.

If you have a Phantom and a Dialog and run that with Spark you know how good Devialet are at fixing problems, there have been problems with every update so far and everything does not work as it should right now (how long has the Spark app been out, couple of years and it still works like well crap) so perhaps looking outside of the box could be a good thing. I understand that Devialet wants to do everything "in house" but if this in house solution is not working perhaps it would be the humble way and seeking help from the outside but perhaps that is not the French way of doing things?
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

While I have no interest in Roon, I would like to get away from using regular computer. Cellphone or tablet as control center is welcome (in addition to getting fixed the horrible Devialet streaming from IOS). The Air, working or not on windows/mac is not my ultimate desire. Absence of the regular computer in audio chain is the one. If the streaming bord won't fulfill the desire, I will just buy Aurender or alike appliance that will work as file transport and Spotify/Tidal (optionally Roon) client/renderer.
So those are my whishes for the streaming board:
1) file transport (from local USB, NAS servers, DLNA servers)
2) host for end points of commercial streaming services (plus optionally Roon renderer)
3) interface for room correction (is it possible at all?)
4) client for internet "radios"
5) end point for Apple AirPlay and Bluetooth
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(18-Apr-2017, 16:51)maxijazz Wrote: 4) client for internet "radios"

Why is this necessary ? Googel Chromecast Audio with Tunein works perfect
(18-Apr-2017, 16:51)maxijazz Wrote: While I have no interest in Roon, I would like to get away from using regular computer. Cellphone or tablet as control center is welcome (in addition to getting fixed the horrible Devialet streaming from IOS). The Air, working or not on windows/mac is not my ultimate desire. Absence of the regular computer in audio chain is the one. If the streaming bord won't fulfill the desire, I will just buy Aurender or alike appliance that will work as file transport and Spotify/Tidal (optionally Roon) client/renderer.
So those are my whishes for the streaming board:
1) file transport (from local USB, NAS servers, DLNA servers)
2) host for end points of commercial streaming services (plus optionally Roon renderer)
3) interface for room correction (is it possible at all?)
4) client for internet "radios"
5) end point for Apple AirPlay and Bluetooth

If they intend to use Spark and have the same functions you get internetradio there, that works ok on Phantom just the rest of Spark that is a bit unstable Dodgy
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

(20-Apr-2017, 13:07)frenek Wrote:
(18-Apr-2017, 16:51)maxijazz Wrote: 4) client for internet "radios"

Why is this necessary ? Googel Chromecast Audio with Tunein works perfect

I use this on my Phantom to run Tidal from Bubble Upnp app and Tunein as I think Spark is to unstable to use with Tidal. I have plans to buy a SonicOrbiter and run that as a Zone in my Roon setup, perfect playback from Tidal and internetradio in Roon.

Second system

How do you think Devialet Experts handle the jitter and digital out of chromecast (because you can't Air from your phone)?

Can we expect something like this is the streamer board, or is it already there.
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/0...l-results/
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

(29-Apr-2017, 21:59)rchinn Wrote: How do you think Devialet Experts handle the jitter and digital out of chromecast (because you can't Air from your phone)?

Can we expect something like this is the streamer board, or is it already there.
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2016/0...l-results/

Do you have the Devialet app on your phone? Open the source options, then scroll down to "My Music",
You can then send any audio on your phone to your Dev.  Apologies if you already knew this.  Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I did not know. Thanks for the heads up.

I've just tried it. The stream appears to cut out when the phone goes into standby/sleep though. So 5 minutes into album playback.
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

(30-Apr-2017, 08:00)rchinn Wrote: I've just tried it. The stream appears to cut out when the phone goes into standby/sleep though. So 5 minutes into album playback.

You can normally switch off the standby mode on the phone
Getting back on track to the OP...

Devialet tells us that the New Sreamer Board will replace our Duet and WiFi boards.
I was wondering if it would be a good idea, or even possible for us with dual Devialets, to have the new streamer board fitted to our Companion? Why disturb the Duet and WiFi boards in the Master?
But would that mean losing my present connection (RCA to AES/EBU) and also have to use a link cable?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England