Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Core Infinity board
I've not had any email notifications either Sad
I get messages left right and center about all the other irrelevant stuff Devialet are doing but not a sniff when it comes to my 440

its great tho to see so many happy faces around here as of late Smile
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
(14-Jul-2017, 16:57)Confused Wrote: It is now officially the Devialet OS CORE INFINITY Expert Pro Intelligence Streamer Board.

Catchy.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(13-Jul-2017, 13:43)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(13-Jul-2017, 12:47)Rodney Gold Wrote: Bite the bullet and get a lifetime with Roon , apart from streaming to devialet and all the other stuff , with its DSP engine you can do room correction etc.. worth every penny of the $500

They have also hinted a few times over the past year that lifetime may not remain an option forever - and that it was designed as an incentive to get early adopters onboard. No-one knows for sure though, but I'm certainly glad I went lifetime early. They've delivered well beyond my expectations for the money already....

(14-Jul-2017, 16:57)Confused Wrote:
(14-Jul-2017, 16:53)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Good call Confused.

I suppose we call it the 'Core Infinity' now? Or is it the 'Core Infinity Board'? Or the 'Core Infinity Streamerboard'?

Some nice TLA opportunities there.

It is now officially the Devialet OS CORE INFINITY Expert Pro Intelligence Streamer Board.

Or DOSCIEPISB for short
Focal Sopra No2, 130 Expert Pro with CI upgrade, Melco N1A, TQ Black USB, EWA LS-XXV SC, Atlas Isolated PSU, Ethernet CAT6 via Netgear switch. Melco LAN and Player CAT6.
(14-Jul-2017, 16:53)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Good call Confused.

I suppose we call it the 'Core Infinity' now? Or is it the 'Core Infinity Board'? Or the 'Core Infinity Streamerboard'?

Some nice TLA opportunities there.

I have Melco integration questions also, damn :-)
Focal Sopra No2, 130 Expert Pro with CI upgrade, Melco N1A, TQ Black USB, EWA LS-XXV SC, Atlas Isolated PSU, Ethernet CAT6 via Netgear switch. Melco LAN and Player CAT6.
While I am enjoying my Devialet Pro with Roon, can anyone confirm if this Core Infinity Streamer board will be able to run Roon Core?
440 Pro, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 Digital cable, Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner, Plixir The Statement Balanced Power Cord
Rega RP10, Melco N1-S38, Melco S100 Audiophile Dataswitch, ADOT MC01, Diva Audio & 7N-4030 Leggenda Power Cords, Plixir BDC LPS, Habst Ultra III USB cable, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 AES/EBU cable, Mutec REF 10, Habst Digital BNC cable
Vivid Giya G4, Acrolink 7N-S1400 Leggenda Speaker cables
PSI AVAA C20 Active Bass Trap
bFly-audio Master, Cube, b.Disc Absorbers
Artnovion Andrea Absorbers
(14-Jul-2017, 18:26)Sharone Wrote: While I am enjoying my Devialet Pro with Roon, can anyone confirm if this Core Infinity Streamer board will be able to run Roon Core?

Whoa!   Now that's thinking outside the Devialet box.  It would be a huge leap.   While none of us really know what that board will fully consist of, it is highly unlikely to have the power to run Roon Core although it could certainly support Roon RAAT if they chose to implement such.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(14-Jul-2017, 19:07)mdconnelly Wrote:
(14-Jul-2017, 18:26)Sharone Wrote: While I am enjoying my Devialet Pro with Roon, can anyone confirm if this Core Infinity Streamer board will be able to run Roon Core?

Whoa!   Now that's thinking outside the Devialet box.  It would be a huge leap.   While none of us really know what that board will fully consist of, it is highly unlikely to have the power to run Roon Core although it could certainly support Roon RAAT if they chose to implement such.

I have to agree.  RAAT as an 'endpoint' is now looking highly likely when the current cooperation between Roon and Devialet is considered.  Roon core?  No, it won't happen.  One thing Devialet have announced is that the OS Board will not include music storage, which makes Roon core look somewhere between highly unlikely and pointless I think.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Ok. I without predudice accept the critisism that has been directed at me because of my blunt post. Anyone offended, please accept my apology. If I had thought a little, I would have realised what I wrote would cause offence.

Never the less, I am grateful for the welcome messages posted and also the support from some regarding my offensive post. Please understand it was a spur of the moment reaction to constantly reading negativity about Devialet who in my experience have been absolutely wonderful.

I am Now streaming from Roon direct to my amp and love it, especially the ability to control the 220 Pro through Roon. I can't say at this stage it is any better than streamed through my microRendu. That will need a bit of a mates listening session to establish.

For our friend who is not impressed with the sound quality of Tidal through Roon, you need to look at your set up. Sound quality should be excellent as I have found.

Once again, thank you for the welcome. Maybe I won't be lurking so much in the future!

Oh and a quick thank you to the boys at Roon who have made setting up direct streaming so bloody easy. I was a bit gob smacked at how easy it really was.
(14-Jul-2017, 21:15)Greg Wrote: Ok. I without predudice accept the critisism that has been directed at me because of my blunt post. Anyone offended, please accept my apology. If I had thought a little, I would have realised what I wrote would cause offence.

Never the less, I am grateful for the welcome messages posted and also the support from some regarding my offensive post. Please understand it was a spur of the moment reaction to constantly reading negativity about Devialet who in my experience have been absolutely wonderful.

I am Now streaming from Roon direct to my amp and love it, especially the ability to control the 220 Pro through Roon. I can't say at this stage it is any better than streamed through my microRendu. That will need a bit of a mates listening session to establish.

For our friend who is not impressed with the sound quality of Tidal through Roon, you need to look at your set up. Sound quality should be excellent as I have found.

Once again, thank you for the welcome. Maybe I won't be lurking so much in the future!

All good Greg Smile

Welcome to Devialet Chat!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Much respect for your post Greg! And yes, we could indeed do with many more positive contributors, so no need to lurk to much.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12