Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crack in housing?
Thumbs Down 
Anyone else having their housing split?  I have been super gentle with them too!  Sound is unaffected, but still...  Sad

Aaron
(04-May-2020, 06:34)RMK Wrote: The reactor is made in 2 halves I think. Has this only just happened?

Could be a bit of a paint defect or misaligned shells.

If it bothers you try sending some images to devialet and get a refund. Is it just that one?

My white ones had a small seam down the middle too.

My white Reactors (I own two) do not have separate halves.
One single monocoque and no visible junction line. 

Maybe the black version is made in a different way?
Thanks guys. The design of the Reactors is such that the seam down the middle of the Premiers is not present. I’d bet this line is part of a thinning of the plastic to accommodate the controls, made worse by the hole where the LED is positioned. I haven’t inspected a white Reactor to see if this plastic is different, but as Massi writes, I’m sure the construction is otherwise identical.

It is subtle, but outside of the formed crack is what appears to be strain (ie. before the crack forms) and I don’t have extended warranty, so...

I did reach out to Devialet Support and they are trying to help me out.
(04-May-2020, 14:29)Charcharius Wrote: Thanks guys.  The design of the Reactors is such that the seam down the middle of the Premiers is not present.  I’d bet this line is part of a thinning of the plastic to accommodate the controls, made worse by the hole where the LED is positioned.  I haven’t inspected a white Reactor to see if this plastic is different, but as Massi writes, I’m sure the construction is otherwise identical.

It is subtle, but outside of the formed crack is what appears to be strain (ie. before the crack forms) and I don’t have extended warranty, so...

I did reach out to Devialet Support and they are trying to help me out.

I've got both white and black Reactors and can't see/feel the seam on any of the white ones but can feel and faintly see the seam on both black ones (though no crack!)

Cheers,
Andy

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi, apparently the gluing of the two half shells has come off! Here you can see how the adhesive should stick!! Wink Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni9ccFfnOJg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OIvmpOQGBM

Wink
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Those videos are of the larger Phantoms. The Reactors are built differently. My white one has no seam running along the middle.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
(04-May-2020, 20:16)Silvertouran Wrote: Those videos are of the larger Phantoms. The Reactors are built differently. My white one has no seam running along the middle.

I confirm this again. After Charcharius post, I had deeply checked my white reactors changing angle of view so not to be deceived by the reflecting light. I have also gently scratched the surface with a fingernail and I cannot see or feel any seam along the middle. It seems like my white reactors are a single body structure. No half shells. 

I am not sure if this is true for all the blacks, but plastics might have been assembled in a different way. 
(04-May-2020, 22:34)massi.rav Wrote: I am not sure if this is true for all the blacks, but plastics might have been assembled in a different way. 
Completely agree with this.  I think the white plastic seems to be thicker/more robust than the black based on what I recall when cross-shopping the Premiers.  Would you agree?  Maybe the Reactor white plastic is altogether different.

Regardless, I'll keep this forum in the loop as this gets resolved.
(04-May-2020, 23:38)Charcharius Wrote:
(04-May-2020, 22:34)massi.rav Wrote: I am not sure if this is true for all the blacks, but plastics might have been assembled in a different way. 
Completely agree with this.  I think the white plastic seems to be thicker/more robust than the black based on what I recall when cross-shopping the Premiers.  Would you agree?  Maybe the Reactor white plastic is altogether different.

Regardless, I'll keep this forum in the loop as this gets resolved.

Possible.

I have never inspected the blacks - that I do not own as well - so I cannot tell about the feeling. Anyway I work in the plastics industry and I can tell that when you change the color (and the blacks are also matt), you might need to change materials or the composition of the materials. So, processing and assembling phases might also change due to the different materials used (whites vs blacks).
Hello.

Did devialet ever reply to the matter just out of curiosity ?
Living Room: Devialet Dione