Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Premier Digital Inputs Resolution
I am looking at buy a streamer / transport to go with my D-Premier (original, not upgraded at all).

The Auralic G1 has an AES output which would work nicely with the D-Premier AES input. Does anyone know what max resolution (Khz) I can get into this input? Will this go above 96Khz?

Failing this, a Bluesound Node 2i which would mean using Coax or Optical. I guess this will max out at 96Khz?

Finally, does the D-Premier accept DSD over AES or Coaxial or indeed HDMI? I tried it with an Oppo 105 with no success.

Tidal will be main source.

Thanks Tom
re the OPPO and DSD. I had a similar question and fellow forum member David A had this to say:

"there is a restriction with SACD because of Sony's licensing arrangements. The only way to get an SACD player to output high res digital output from the high res DSD layer on an SACD is over HDMI and the Devialet doesn't have an HDMI input. You can get the 16 bit/44.1 kHz output from the CD layer of the disc over the Toslink or Coax digital outputs but if you want to play the DSD layer of an SACD your only choice is to use analog output from the Oppo. That will sound quite good, I did it for a while, but it doesn't sound quite as good as the sound you get playing ripped DSD data from the disc from a hard drive."

I am currently using my opponent 105 with the analog/RCA out for listening to the DSD layer from my SACD's.
(21-Dec-2018, 17:25)mmorrison55 Wrote: re the OPPO and DSD. I had a similar question and fellow forum member David A had this to say:

"there is a restriction with SACD because of Sony's licensing arrangements. The only way to get an SACD player to output high res digital output from the high res DSD layer on an SACD is over HDMI and the Devialet doesn't have an HDMI input. You can get the 16 bit/44.1 kHz output from the CD layer of the disc over the Toslink or Coax digital outputs but if you want to play the DSD layer of an SACD your only choice is to use analog output from the Oppo. That will sound quite good, I did it for a while, but it doesn't sound quite as good as the sound you get playing ripped DSD data from the disc from a hard drive."

I am currently using my opponent 105 with the analog/RCA out for listening to the DSD layer from my SACD's.

The D-Premier does have HDMI input, it was removed by an update. Max resolution is 196/24, though native DSD conversion is not supported though. I do not consider this to be a problem personally, some people do though.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Thanks... for clarity my reference was for my d200. I didn’t realize or think about the premier having hdmi.

I personally think devialet should have left it in for cd/sacd support
Thanks for the replies. I tried the Oppo using HDMI but never got DSD to work to the D Premier. Anyone have experience of the Auralic G1 or Bluesound Node 2i? Thanks Tom
(22-Dec-2018, 07:26)Edgeyboy Wrote: Thanks for the replies. I tried the Oppo using HDMI but never got DSD to work to the D Premier. Anyone have experience of the Auralic G1 or Bluesound Node 2i? Thanks Tom
DSD has to be converted to PCM at the Devialet anyway in order for the volume control to function. 24/192 inputs are accepted though Devialet and others think going over 24/96 is pointless since it may introduce more spurious non-audible signals. I am in agreement with this, personally.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire