Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D Premier Firmware
(06-Apr-2020, 16:19)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote:
(06-Apr-2020, 14:07)runforfree69 Wrote:
(26-Mar-2020, 04:05)georgev Wrote: ow do you go "back" to 7.13?

Couple of observations i've found with my D Prem', i've recently started streaming. I'm using a MacAir as Roon Core, I had drop outs until I connected Mac to router then all good. If you intend to use Tidal/Qobuz i've found Qobuz noticeably better ... having read around I think it's to do with Qobuz pcm to D Prem pcm where the MQA doesn't get the full treatment on the D Prem which is pcm only.

I believe you won't hear the difference between PCM/FLAC and MQA (with or without render decoding - assuming that you are performing core decoding)...

I was using TIDAL. I still have active subscription.
During the last week, I made intensive tests on TIDAL vs. QOBUZ. Indeed, there are big differences in sound quality, but these are because of "loudness war": TIDAL is performing a strong boosting on loudness, that is very bad for sound quality (but it is good for non-HiFi consumers).
After these tests, I subscribed to QOBUZ, and these days I will cancel my TIDAL subscription.

P.S.: For more information on "loudness war", try Google search. Smile

Oh I see, that's interesting, my Tidal sub' has been cancelled too. There are threads on Roon forum, contradicting opinions about MQA v flax and having an MQA DAC or not. My knowledge is to only basic to get involved but it did thankfully make me check out Qobuz and happily most of my listening favourite songs are on Qobuz so far.

Im now looking into modest ways to reduce noise and get rid of a very slight digital glare, I know the router and paptop are noisy devices. Incidentally I came on the forum to find out more about i2s, I've read from time to time on this forum that D Premer received a firmware update at some time which altered the HDMI input on the rear to i2s which would be good for a variety of sources and this 'Rasptouch' as an alternative to Mac. I'm jealous t sure however whether i2s exists or if this product could be implemented.   

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/network-a...12030.html
Feickert Blackbird, AO pu7, Benz ebony L, Graham Phantom, Koetsu Rosewood sig', Tom Evans SRX, Apple MacAir, D Premier. Kef blades.