Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D-Premier config issues
Hi

Why not try a little bit of blutak on the spindle, it should close the gap as well as hold the wheel on?

Btw, I started with a 240 but if I remember correctly, 7.13 was thought by many people to be the best sounding firmware version for non pro amps. Someone will still have a copy somewhere if you want to try it. It would lose some features though.

Cheers

Chris
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
(20-Mar-2021, 14:27)Jamington2004 Wrote: Yeah it’s an idea - but won’t solve the looseness of it falling off if tipped upside down

Just tried some masking tape will see if that works Smile

Try a little dab of threadlock. It will probably give enough stiction to keep the knob on and the seal is easily broken if you should need to get the knob off again.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(21-Mar-2021, 07:57)Chris Marshall Wrote: Btw, I started with a 240 but if I remember correctly, 7.13 was thought by many people to be the best sounding firmware version for non pro amps. Someone will still have a copy somewhere if you want to try it. It would lose some features though.

Cheers

Chris

Thanks both for the remote ideas - in fact the masking tape seems to have worked a treat as it’s really thin enough to still allow the wheel to slip over, and now it grips nicely so floats on air and doesn’t come off Smile

Re the firmware - ok wow didnt realise the SQ wouldn’t be generally considered better as FW went up.

Will do some reading up on it thanks Smile Definitely don’t want to lose the tone controls or balance but that’s about it
I have a copy of the 7.1.3 (beta) firmware, so PM me if you'd like to try that.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Nice will do thanks Smile
Hi got the file thanks! Smile

Can’t PM you though you reached your limit so will paste here as others may have some input too

“Thanks a lot that’s great Smile
Just finished hanging it on the wall so can’t be arsed getting it back down for a while

Whats your view on why the SQ is better on the old FW?

If anything compared the Lyngdorf tda2200 I had - it’s a bit more edgy / in your face / slightly less smooth sounding

But usually that’s what I prefer anyway so need some time to adjust Smile
(Sorry, my inbox needed a bit of attention.)

I don't really know whether there was a difference in sound quality with the different firmware versions, although many people here felt that 7.1.3 was a bit of a sweet spot. I just kept old versions of firmware in case I ever needed to go back, for example in case something got broken in a later release. Anyway, I'm glad if it will be of some use to you Smile
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I liked 7.1.3 (Beta) a lot. It was maybe somewhat 'euphonic', but had a very special holographic quality (i.e. very good imaging) to it's reproduction. There are a few Expert users that still claim it is the best...
I ended up preferring 10.1.0. A bit less of the holographic qualities, but better bass reproduction and overall more coherent sound top to bottom. Then I upgraded to the Pro version with the CI board and could no longer use the 'old' firmware series.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(21-Mar-2021, 13:48)Jamington2004 Wrote: Just finished hanging it on the wall

I had mine hung on the wall, actually a shelf with space behind so I could hide cable clutter.

Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB