Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D250pro vs D1000pro on B&W 802 D3
Anyone try going from a 440 Pro to a 1000 Pro?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(09-Nov-2019, 18:10)Jan Wrote:
(01-Nov-2019, 08:00)RayMo Wrote: Hi Zaienk and congrats! Smile I am also interested in to hear your feedback about 1000 Pro vs 250 Pro, since I am planning to have same route as you.
I have the same situation 
803 d3 with 250 
the upgrade to 1000 is the best I have done

Thank you, can't wait to get it back updated! Devialet received it on thuesday, let see how long it take for them to upgrade it and send it back to me
Roon/Devialet Air/HTPC USB => Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity => Nordost Frey 2/strap Norse 2 => BW 802 D3
Hi @zaienk

If you don't mind me asking, is the upgrade cost from a D-Premier to 250 Pro the same cost as going from a 250 to 250 Pro? There doesn't seem to be any information on the Devialet website about this upgrade path and I didn't even think it was available anymore? Thanks.
(10-Nov-2019, 17:20)Laura Wrote: Hi @zaienk

If you don't mind me asking, is the upgrade cost from a D-Premier to 250 Pro the same cost as going from a 250 to 250 Pro? There doesn't seem to be any information on the Devialet website about this upgrade path and I didn't even think it was available anymore? Thanks.

Hi  @Laura

As you I was a bit scare at the beginning, because the information regarding the possible upgrade from D-Premier, you're right Wink, doesn't show up on devialet website.
But once D-Premier is registered in the customer account, upgrade can be ordered with same cost as going from a 250 to 250 pro
1 X UPGRADE EXPERT D-PREMIER VERS EXPERT 250 PRO AVEC CORE INFINITY
Roon/Devialet Air/HTPC USB => Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity => Nordost Frey 2/strap Norse 2 => BW 802 D3
I received my d-premier upgraded in 250 pro on monday.
Sadly it came back with some scratch Huh Huh and a impact or bubble on the screen under the glass  Huh Huh 
I reported it to devialet immediatly with pictures and now I have to call them everyday to get an update as they don't provide any  Angry
I didn't see that at first when I unpacked the devialet as the amplifier was very very cold (the plan trip I guess) so after unpacking, it start to condense until it get warmer.

I took some time to listen both 250 pro. I didn't notice perceptible change in sound quality even if the first D250pro is white and the other one is chrome.

Create a D1000 configuration throught the website and understand how to connect the whole thing were easy. I use a VOVOX link protect AD coaxial cable to link both 250 pro since devialet refused to provide their standard cable with the upgrade.

So I start a quick listenning session without expecting that much improvement and with fear to hear a little delay between the 2 channels.

Hopefully fear and scepticism disapeared quicky. It sound sweet, really sweet... like I can hear much more of this class A sound. both channels merge perfectly, image feel bigger, sound much more immersive and realistic. Some people told me that dual mono can be addictive, I understand now why they said this. These amplifiers must have been engineered to work better in dual mono, that's my thought.
When my girlfriend came back at home, without knowing I made a upgrade, and after spending some time in the kitchen just close to the living room, she said : wow, music is like a caress to the ears  Smile 

(24-Nov-2019, 17:03)zaienk Wrote: I received my d-premier upgraded in 250 pro on monday.
Sadly it came back with some scratch Huh Huh and a impact or bubble on the screen under the glass  Huh Huh 
I reported it to devialet immediatly with pictures and now I have to call them everyday to get an update as they don't provide any  Angry
I didn't see that at first when I unpacked the devialet as the amplifier was very very cold (the plan trip I guess) so after unpacking, it start to condense until it get warmer.

I took some time to listen both 250 pro. I didn't notice perceptible change in sound quality even if the first D250pro is white and the other one is chrome.

Create a D1000 configuration throught the website and understand how to connect the whole thing were easy. I use a VOVOX link protect AD coaxial cable to link both 250 pro since devialet refused to provide their standard cable with the upgrade.

So I start a quick listenning session without expecting that much improvement and with fear to hear a little delay between the 2 channels.

Hopefully fear and scepticism disapeared quicky. It sound sweet, really sweet... like I can hear much more of this class A sound. both channels merge perfectly, image feel bigger, sound much more immersive and realistic. Some people told me that dual mono can be addictive, I understand now why they said this. These amplifiers must have been engineered to work better in dual mono, that's my thought.
When my girlfriend came back at home, without knowing I made a upgrade, and after spending some time in the kitchen just close to the living room, she said : wow, music is like a caress to the ears  Smile 

Thanks for your comments Zaienk! Smile  That was good to read! I currently have 250 Pro only, but now I really need to try it with second one. I hope You can solve scratches and screen bubbles soon with Devialet.
(27-Nov-2019, 12:11)RayMo Wrote:
(24-Nov-2019, 17:03)zaienk Wrote: I received my d-premier upgraded in 250 pro on monday.

Thanks for your comments Zaienk! Smile  That was good to read! I currently have 250 Pro only, but now I really need to try it with second one. I hope You can solve scratches and screen bubbles soon with Devialet.

You're welcome.
Thing's are getting sad with Devialet. They called me back today saying that scratchs and the issue on the screen were already there by showing as a proof a document (which look like a draft) that describe messy scratchs and a bubble on the screen. The fact is that 98% of the scratchs described on this document doesn't exist. It looks like a kid played with a pen trying to draw something.
How would it be even possible to get a bubble on the screen behind the window other than doing something wrong during the building/upgrade process?
Hopefully I took a picture of the devialet just before closing the package and sending it to them. This picture shows that the amp was in good condition and with no "bubble" on the screen. 
Sadly I think i'm now engaged in a long process to make them admit that a fault has been comitted during the upgrade process and make them fix it up but I will not give up. 
My advise : take carefully some detailled picture of your amp before sending it to them...
(27-Nov-2019, 23:21)zaienk Wrote:
(27-Nov-2019, 12:11)RayMo Wrote:

You're welcome.
Thing's are getting sad with Devialet. They called me back today saying that scratchs and the issue on the screen were already there by showing as a proof a document (which look like a draft) that describe messy scratchs and a bubble on the screen. The fact is that 98% of the scratchs described on this document doesn't exist. It looks like a kid played with a pen trying to draw something.
How would it be even possible to get a bubble on the screen behind the window other than doing something wrong during the building/upgrade process?
Hopefully I took a picture of the devialet just before closing the package and sending it to them. This picture shows that the amp was in good condition and with no "bubble" on the screen. 
Sadly I think i'm now engaged in a long process to make them admit that a fault has been comitted during the upgrade process and make them fix it up but I will not give up. 
My advise : take carefully some detailled picture of your amp before sending it to them...

Hey guys,

I´m just new to this forum but owning a D-Premier for about 7 years from now. Actually I do think about upgrading my D-Premier to the 250 Expert Pro CI. Do you think this 5 k€ upgrade is value for money? Can you recommend it for my B&W 802D´s?

best regards, Jan
Devialet D-Premier, B&W 802D, B&W DB1
Value depends upon how much money you have, but the sound quality has been improved from the D-Premier to 250 Pro CI so I expect that you'd appreciate the upgrade.