Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D400 as a pre amp
I have had a D400 for 6 years and just brought 2 pairs of Vincent SP-T800's.Using the Dev for the Bass and 1 pair of Vincents for mids and 1 pair for highs. The sound improvement is huge.Bass is better as well.Is any one else using
there Dev in a similar way??
In Sept 2018 at Carverfest, I built 2 Carver Crimson 275 tube amps, since then I have been using my Dev 220PRO
as a preamp only driving a single Crimson 275.
I I could use 2 separate Preamp outs on the Dev, I would run the 2 Crimson tube amps in stereo mode, one would be for the mids and highs and the other for the Bass.
I am interested on how you have the output from your Dev 200 wired.

Brian 

Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

I have a 400. i have a Y splitter from the mono out, to 2 amps, from 1 200(left channel). and the same for right channel. 4 Mono blocks in total. plus the 2 Dev 200s (400) And they are all running full range. I am using the D400 to drive bass to utilise the SAM. Speakers are VAF Research(Australian made)
You can configure your 200 to have stereo pre outs
(13-Jan-2019, 23:09)dylanttt Wrote: You can configure your 200 to have stereo pre outs

I looked and could not figure that out, can you please give me some hints.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(14-Jan-2019, 00:59)BrianT Wrote:
(13-Jan-2019, 23:09)dylanttt Wrote: You can configure your 200 to have stereo pre outs

I looked and could not figure that out, can you please give me some hints.

Brian

Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

It's on these pre-outs. When you change fro digital, it comes up at stereo pre-outs right away. Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(14-Jan-2019, 04:18)Pim Wrote: It's on these pre-outs. When you change fro digital, it comes up at stereo pre-outs right away. Smile

Pim

I am using the outputs that you mentioned, feeding the full bandwidth stereo signal to one tube amp. 
(no speakers output on the Dev)
What I would love to do is have a second pre out, using one of the other input's, that way I would feed
the high stereo signal to one amp and the low stereo signal to the other and then run 2 pairs of speaker cables
using 1 amp to feed both speaker highs and 1 amp to feed both speaker lows.

Brian
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.