Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DJ Controller to DAC (or something?) to Phantom 1 pair
(21-Feb-2023, 15:47)ragwo Wrote: You'll need a cable with RCA in one end and mini jack in the other to connect your mixer to the Avantree. I believe the aux input is analogue. Thats $1 on eBay or $10 at your local hifi shop. It's not a converter just a piece of cable.

Gotcha, of course.  I never really thought of connecting a mixer to a hub with just a little aux cable, but why not.
I suppose this works just as well as the Bluesound Node 2i njsawal below mentioned?  To me it looks like these would do approximately the same task?

Looks like the Bluesound would provide a little better streaming control than the Avantree.
(21-Feb-2023, 16:57)njaiswal Wrote: I accomplish this using a Bluesound Node2i.  I have audio going into the node 2i via optical and then if I want to bluetooth to them I just pair my phone with the node 2i and it automatically switches inputs.

This looks pretty good..
Are you using a dj controller yourself?  Just curious if you have any delay/latency issues.  I can't see why but just in case.

So you feed the Node via the optical/analog 3.5mm jack combo I assume, direct from mixer?

How do you like using the Bluesound in terms of Bluetooth functionality?  Ie. just using the receiver as a BT hub versus the stock Phantoms in Bluetooth/wireless mode.

This looks promising!
(21-Feb-2023, 16:57)njaiswal Wrote: I accomplish this using a Bluesound Node2i.  I have audio going into the node 2i via optical and then if I want to bluetooth to them I just pair my phone with the node 2i and it automatically switches inputs.

Sorry one last question - are you driving 2 Phantoms from the Optical out or just 1?
Wondering if there's a specific splitter you use or if it doesn't matter.