Poll: Are you considering a Dac-less streamer for your Devialet?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No - I'm happy with AIR or other computer-based solution
29.03%
54 29.03%
No - I already own one
38.71%
72 38.71%
Yes!
32.26%
60 32.26%
Total 186 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dac-less streamer survey!
(15-Apr-2015, 06:23)Jnan_devi Wrote: Deleted my earlier post to save some space and to add Moon Mind. Again not in any order of quality nor biased.
I wish I could change my vote for a "Yes" Smile . Could not wait for the AIR improvement hence went ahead with Bluesound Node.

Totaldac D1
Aurender X100, N1A
Bryston BDP-1/2
Melco N1A, NIZ
Aria steamer
Aria mini
Auralic Aries
Antipodes DX, DV
NAD M50
3D Lab Nano Transport
Moon Mind 180

Ignore Their internal DAC, These Costs less hence put them here.
Pioneer N-70 streamer
Denon DNP
Yamaha NP
Weiss man301
Sonos Connect
Bluesound Node

Thanks for compiling the comprehensive list.

A minor correction.

Line two I assume you mean Aurender X100, N100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(17-Apr-2015, 17:09)amabrok Wrote:
(15-Apr-2015, 06:23)Jnan_devi Wrote: Deleted my earlier post to save some space and to add Moon Mind. Again not in any order of quality nor biased.
I wish I could change my vote for a "Yes" Smile . Could not wait for the AIR improvement hence went ahead with Bluesound Node.

Totaldac D1
Aurender X100, N1A
Bryston BDP-1/2
Melco N1A, NIZ
Aria steamer
Aria mini
Auralic Aries
Antipodes DX, DV
NAD M50
3D Lab Nano Transport
Moon Mind 180

Ignore Their internal DAC, These Costs less hence put them here.
Pioneer N-70 streamer
Denon DNP
Yamaha NP
Weiss man301
Sonos Connect
Bluesound Node

Thanks for compiling the comprehensive list.

A minor correction.

Line two I assume you mean Aurender X100, N100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yet another one, where will it end?

www.sfz.co.jp/products1.html - Translate this page

www.megatech.tokyo/
Wish I didn't have to, but it looks like the way forward to get rid of stupid Airs crackles and pops.

Currently back on audirvana USB which has pros and cons over Air/itunes. Unfortunately still some pops and clicks every now and then. Much more intermittent than air, and never seems to get worse. Equally annoying though.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

That is bizarre. I have zero issues with my Aurender, Auralic Aries or my Lumin (BNC to Coax) into the Devialet.

Could your Devialet have a fault?

Mike
He is referring to USB to his Devialet.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

If you even have pops and crackles over USB there's REALLY something 'wrong' with your computer/it's configuration. No wonder AIR also shows that issue. Reinstall it from scratch and only install the software you need.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(25-May-2015, 16:35)Antoine Wrote: If you even have pops and crackles over USB there's REALLY something 'wrong' with your computer/it's configuration. No wonder AIR also shows that issue. Reinstall it from scratch and only install the software you need.

It's a dedicated Mac mini running only itunes, audirvana and now Air.

The same setup drives a chord Hugo usb and has never missed a beat. Not in five months of playing. Ever.

The only time I've ever experienced this is since buying the Devialet. So my hunch is there's actually a fault with the Devialet. Sadly, Devialet support are being completely and utterly useless.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Rockna audio Wavedream Net. Not only a DAC- free streamer but also a CD transport.
FFYX turntable Soundsmith Boheme Cartridge
Rockna Wavedream Net CD / File player
Devialet 400
Dynaudio Sapphire

I run the digital output of a Naim NDX into the D250 - it's the last bit of my Naim rig left. I quite like the Naim app but would happily sell it on if there was some other viable alternative.
(13-Mar-2016, 05:23)elo Wrote: Rochna audio Wavedream Net.  Not only a DAC- free streamer but also a CD transport.

I am quite interested in an one box solution for all digital sources (which includes CDs) and this one apparently can do all but I have not found much information about it. Many streamers can only play files from some local source i.e NAS on network or built-in HD/SSD but miss the easy streaming options one can use on computers.