Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darko tour of Devialet workshop
[Image: devialet-core-infinity_6.png]

https://darko.audio/2018/02/to-core-infi...-seprolec/
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

Thanks for posting - I'll look forward to watching the videos.

That said, it would behoove Darko either to get a better proof reader or to take more care to get the details right first time:

Quote:The forthcoming Core Infinity board will replace both the Duet and Wi-Fi board in the Expert Pro to offer 1Ghz Quadcore ARM processor, 1Gb DD3 RAM, 4Gb flash memory, Gigabit Ethernet, 2.4Ghz/5Ghz, Bluetooth module, Apple Airplay chip, bi-directional USB port, Analog Devices SHARC chip for audio DSP and FPGA for data marshalling.
  • it's GHz, not Ghz (the unit is named after Heinrich Hertz)
  • it's DDR3 RAM, not DD3 RAM
  • is it really 1 Gbit RAM and 4 Gbit flash, or (more likely) 1 GByte RAM and 4 GByte flash?
  • all USB ports are inherently bi-directional (what he means is that it can be an audio input or output)
Maybe it is just me being overly pedantic (and/or having a grumpy afternoon), but credibility just ebbs away when this kind of stuff is wrong.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Ian,
Quite right too, a bad afternoon not required to comment on a poorly edited piece.

Interesting photo’s though.

Cheers,
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
(10-Feb-2018, 17:19)thumb5 Wrote: Thanks for posting - I'll look forward to watching the videos.

That said, it would behoove Darko either to get a better proof reader or to take more care to get the details right first time:

Quote:The forthcoming Core Infinity board will replace both the Duet and Wi-Fi board in the Expert Pro to offer 1Ghz Quadcore ARM processor, 1Gb DD3 RAM, 4Gb flash memory, Gigabit Ethernet, 2.4Ghz/5Ghz, Bluetooth module, Apple Airplay chip, bi-directional USB port, Analog Devices SHARC chip for audio DSP and FPGA for data marshalling.
  • it's GHz, not Ghz (the unit is named after Heinrich Hertz)
  • it's DDR3 RAM, not DD3 RAM
  • is it really 1 Gbit RAM and 4 Gbit flash, or (more likely) 1 GByte RAM and 4 GByte flash?
  • all USB ports are inherently bi-directional (what he means is that it can be an audio input or output)
Maybe it is just me being overly pedantic (and/or having a grumpy afternoon), but credibility just ebbs away when this kind of stuff is wrong.

Heh, i have had exactly same thought.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
Excellent! It’s great to see some of the technology involved in making the CI board. Mind boggling actually, for me.
It gives me even more pride in ownership of these groundbreaking bits of kit.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Absolutely interesting! One thing I noted; The Audinate chip is not mounted on the CI production board unfortunately. That means Devialet has given up Dante integration on the ethernet input, for now at least.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB