Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deezer Hifi
Hello everyone,

I started my streaming journey using Spotify and then moved on to Deezer (about 4 years now).

My preference for Deezer was due to (1) a better and more user-friendly layout as well as (2) much better recommendations. They have really a good algorithm going on behind there 'Deezer Flow' options. I never felt the need to move to Tidal or Qobuz.

Anyways, just recently I found out that they have a desktop app running in beta mode where you can select (bottom right) the sound quality up till 1411kps in case you are subscribed to 'Deezer HiFi'. So you can stream lossless from the app using Air. It sounds really great to me.

So in case someone else has this subscription but did not know this was possible... now you do.

Happy listening!
Hi @Stino
Thanks for this post. We've subscribed to Deezer HiFi (and it's earlier versions) for over two years. The sound quality was better than Spotify offered, at least in the past, and I personally found it equal to Tidal. In our experience Deezer has a larger library and less emphasis on hip-hop /rap or any woman associated with Jay-Z.

This feature would, I think, give access to Deezer's best FLAC streaming which could be used with Dev. AIR, I would guess.

Do you have any feelings about the sound quality compared to your other streaming setup? I have a W4S modified Sonos connect, but AIR is better that that.

Thanks
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(29-Aug-2018, 00:54)Damon Wrote: Hi @Stino
Thanks for this post. We've subscribed to Deezer HiFi (and it's earlier versions) for over two years. The sound quality was better than Spotify offered, at least in the past, and I personally found it equal to Tidal. In our experience Deezer has a larger library and less emphasis on hip-hop /rap or any woman associated with Jay-Z.

This feature would, I think, give access to Deezer's best FLAC streaming which could be used with Dev. AIR, I would guess.

Do you have any feelings about the sound quality compared to your other streaming setup? I have a W4S modified Sonos connect, but AIR is better that that.

Thanks

Hi Damon,

Before using AIR and the desktop Deezer app (to indeed stream FLAC) I was also using a Sonos Connect.

There certainly is a difference between the two over the full frequency range. So not only is the bass better defined, as many people always describe it when they talk about an improvement in SQ, but you can hear more details and better separation in the mid- and high-range as well. 

Thus, the Sonos got disconnected. Again one box less. I'm going to put it for sale this weekend since I see no use for it anymore. 

I could only wish that Deezer with offer a Family Hifi subscription so that you can stream high-quality for cheap on multiple accounts (e.g., one for you and one for your wife). For the rest all is perfect to me.