Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 3000
Finally done with the upgrade: 1000s replaced 220s, CI upgrades completed, Atmos channels added. 

My 440 went to Stino right after the CI upgrade. I still have one 220 Pro CI and three wall mounting brackets for 220s left (PM if interested).

See Devialet 660 thread for pre-upgrade system.

(14-Sep-2018, 23:01)rafal123 Wrote: Finally done with the upgrade: 1000s replaced 220s, CI upgrades completed, Atmos channels added. 

My 440 went to Stino right after the CI upgrade. I still have one 220 Pro CI and three wall mounting brackets for 220s left (PM if interested).

See Devialet 660 thread for pre-upgrade system.

Great to see that the 1000s have arrived at your place.

Very neat set-up and foremost: sound quality should be impressive. Have a great time listening!
@rafal123 A fine looking system I have to say! It looks more like something you would see in a manufacturers advertising brochure, rather than a domestic set-up, very impressive indeed.

Would you mind saying a few words about the remote app you are using? I recall from your other thread that it is an app called iRule and uses RS232 codes. Looking at the above picture I see that you can toggle ICM. Could this be set up to toggle SAM or adjust SAM %? It looks to me like you have achieved something rather special here, and certainly something more advanced than Devialet's current offering. How hard is it to get this set-up and working? I suspect it is not that easy?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(15-Sep-2018, 12:29)Confused Wrote: @rafal123 A fine looking system I have to say!  It looks more like something you would see in a manufacturers advertising brochure, rather than a domestic set-up, very impressive indeed.

Would you mind saying a few words about the remote app you are using?  I recall from your other thread that it is an app called iRule and uses RS232 codes.  Looking at the above picture I see that you can toggle ICM.  Could this be set up to toggle SAM or adjust SAM %?  It looks to me like you have achieved something rather special here, and certainly something more advanced than Devialet's current offering.  How hard is it to get this set-up and working?  I suspect it is not that easy?

Thank you @Confused

It was a relatively straightforward process after I decided that:
- I want to have a stereo system that is independent of home theater, but is a part of it when needed; that way I don't have any "subpar" components (e.g. AV processor) in the signal path when listening to music, and
- I don't want to use Devialet's chaining technology to communicate between stereo and center channel, that way I have more flexibility setting up the home theater but also using inputs on center Devialet for music.

The biggest challenge was to dial in acoustics. My room is not great for that with a lot of glass surfaces (a lot of windows). Huge improvements with Synergistic Research solutions (Atmosphere and passive components). Vivid also helped measuring the room and dialing in the sub to keep the line flat.

In general, a lot of very helpful people on the way including: Audio Lounge, Vivid Audio, Crystal Cable, Synergistic Research and Scott Walker Audio among others.

As far as remote is concerned it can only go as far as Devialet's RS-232 interface which unfortunately does not include commands for SAM.
Devialet 1000s, Belcanto 600Ms, Vivid Audio Giya G3, C1, V1w and sub, Trinnov AL16, QNAP TVS-471 NAS, Oppo 203, Siltech, Crystal Cable, Synergistic Research
Wow, brilliant system. Well done.

I'm quite keen to get your thoughts on the difference in sound quality between the 440 and 1000 in straight stereo?

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
(18-Sep-2018, 11:26)Drifter Wrote: Wow, brilliant system. Well done.

I'm quite keen to get your thoughts on the difference in sound quality between the 440 and 1000 in straight stereo?

The biggest difference for me is depth of the soundstage. I was really amazed when I listened for the first time after the upgrade. It had already very good horizontal separation before, but now I am getting more of a 3D image.
Devialet 1000s, Belcanto 600Ms, Vivid Audio Giya G3, C1, V1w and sub, Trinnov AL16, QNAP TVS-471 NAS, Oppo 203, Siltech, Crystal Cable, Synergistic Research
Wow, congrats on your unbelievable system! I would also be very interested in how you achieved the Remote app shown above via RS232. Would you elaborate for us? Unfortunately I have pretty much zero programming knowledge..
Thanks.

You don't need much of a programming experience. You can use iRule remote app (http://getirule.com). There are great tutorials available online.
(13-Mar-2019, 14:27)rafal123 Wrote: Thanks.

You don't need much of a programming experience. You can use iRule remote app (http://getirule.com). There are great tutorials available online.

OK thanks, I will check it out. Apologies in advance for probably coming back to you with questions Angel
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
(13-Mar-2019, 14:27)rafal123 Wrote: Thanks.

What hardware do you need to make this work? You plug something into the back of the Devialet for rs232, but I've no idea what.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution