Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet AIR working (mostly) on QNAP virtual server...and a few questions
Merde indeed!

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I had about a week of bliss with my AIR setup, but then it all went to "merde"

And so I am back to Mac Mini and USB or Aries Mini and USB.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(28-Jan-2016, 00:07)baddog Wrote: Merde indeed!

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I had about a week of bliss with my AIR setup, but then it all went to "merde"

Indeed.  Very unfortunate to hear of your troubles.  Merde to the max.  Borderline fraudulent on the part of Devialet to advertise a function which doesn't actually function.  I said as much in my recent email to Devialet support requesting Roonready integration.  

I, too, have had issues recently.  My setup was working seamlessly for all sampling rates below 96 kHz.  However, that changed over the past 48 hours with no changes made at all to my setup.  I now endure regular dropouts and Devialet Air disconnects if I try to play ANY high resolution files >44 kHz.  

I was about to pull the trigger on a NUC prior to reading these two most recent posts.  A little bit less sure about proceeding given these recent developments which serve to highlight the inherent instability of the AIR platform.  As far as the French -- they have never and likely will never be able to code anything worth a damn (among many other shortcomings).
QNAP TS-453 > ROON on Intel NUC 5i5RYK running Win10 > AIR ethernet to D200 via router > Focal Sopra No 2
(28-Jan-2016, 07:03)El_Duderino Wrote:
(28-Jan-2016, 00:07)baddog Wrote: Merde indeed!

Indeed.  Very unfortunate to hear of your troubles.  Merde to the max.  Borderline fraudulent on the part of Devialet to advertise a function which doesn't actually function.  I said as much in my recent email to Devialet support requesting Roonready integration.  

I, too, have had issues recently.  My setup was working seamlessly for all sampling rates below 96 kHz.  However, that changed over the past 48 hours with no changes made at all to my setup.  I now endure regular dropouts and Devialet Air disconnects if I try to play ANY high resolution files >44 kHz.  

I was about to pull the trigger on a NUC prior to reading these two most recent posts.  A little bit less sure about proceeding given these recent developments which serve to highlight the inherent instability of the AIR platform.  As far as the French -- they have never and likely will never be able to code anything worth a damn (among many other shortcomings).

Thanks to all for their commiserations  Big Grin Big Grin 

It doesn't really change anything, but not for the first time, I found that after about 90 minutes of reboots, the system again settled down, and has been playing for over 24 hours now without a glitch, including a lot of 96k and 192k material. Temperature ? Some buffer somewhere ? Fluke ? I have no idea.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
More likely it is the buffering algorithm.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Why don't you use JRiver on your QNAP NAS?
This has been released recently and provides the best audio performance. You are also able to play any (high res) format.
(29-Jan-2016, 03:17)hk6230 Wrote: More likely it is the buffering algorithm.

Hi Gary

I have the utmost respect for your experiences regarding the Roon/NUC/Dev AIR combo, and I am curious: do you regularly power down your system, or do you tend to leave it running ?
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
I leave it running 24/7

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(29-Jan-2016, 20:08)hk6230 Wrote: I leave it running 24/7

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

Thanks Gary - that seems to be one of the key requirements to keeping AIR happy Confused
Agreed, mine is pretty much rock solid as long as I don't turn it off!
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
I have a very simple setup: A fan less QNAP HS251+ with two WD red 6TB drives raid 1 connected directly to my master with an Audioquest Forest USB cable. JRiver is installed on the NAS and is controlled remotely with an iPad. The sound quality is great and it is 100% reliable.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England