Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Air 2.1.3 is available!
I downloaded AIR 2.1.3 and now I know what white noise sounds like (using ethernet direct). Still using 10.9 on a Macbook Pro. What an improvement!
I reverted back myself to Air 2.1.2.

Still on OS X 10.9 and 2.1.3 was having drop outs that 2.1.2 does not have for me.

/Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
As I'll soon get the Devialet back from Paris, can anyone here explain what this white noise is, sounds like, and when it's likely to happen? Secondly I understood it only happend on the Windows platform, but now it seems the mac OS got affected as well?
Stereo: Sonus Faber Amati Futura - Graphite -> Yter Loudspeaker Cable -> Devialet D250 - Chrome -> LessLoss DFPC Orginal Powercord
Source: Mac Mini -> Devialet Air Ethernet
Control: iPad Air / iPhone 5S -> Apple Remote
(29-Oct-2014, 11:47)IGuardianI Wrote: As I'll soon get the Devialet back from Paris, can anyone here explain what this white noise is, sounds like, and when it's likely to happen? Secondly I understood it only happend on the Windows platform, but now it seems the mac OS got affected as well?

I have never experienced any white noise myself, only some very occasional drops in which case there was systematically a log in the Mac's system console like:
Sep 5 07:16:47 mbpr kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[0xffffff801a93e000]::clipIfNecessary() - Error: attempting to clip to a position more than one buffer ahead of last clip position (468,7e0)->(469,9e0).
Sep 5 07:16:47 mbpr kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[0xffffff801a93e000]::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position to (469,7e0)

I was getting one of those every few days to weeks.

I have to add that since I've upgraded iTunes to 12 I'm yet to experience a drop with Air 2.1.2.

When I tried Air 2.1.3 yesterday I could not listen to a complete album (Beethoven 9th directed by Karajan CD rip) without getting numerous drops.

I have written to Devialet's support about it and we will see what they say about it.

/Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
On a WIN7 computer, I updated to 2.1.3 and was able to connect immediately through both Ethernet and Wi-Fi. Also, my settings on the app for both Ethernet and Wi-Fi now stay put after I select their parameters. I played various songs via JRiver (JPlay driver) for about 30 minutes without any problems on the 24/96 setting. I even paused one song for a minute. No problem.

Okay, so this was a short test and now I need longer listening sessions and will try other platforms, such as Fidelify and iTunes.

Fingers crossed that this is the real deal for my setup. I wonder if 2.1.3 works well on some computers and not well on others.

Stay tuned...
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(29-Oct-2014, 12:22)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(29-Oct-2014, 11:47)IGuardianI Wrote: As I'll soon get the Devialet back from Paris, can anyone here explain what this white noise is, sounds like, and when it's likely to happen? Secondly I understood it only happend on the Windows platform, but now it seems the mac OS got affected as well?

I have never experienced any white noise myself, only some very occasional drops in which case there was systematically a log in the Mac's system console like:
Sep 5 07:16:47 mbpr kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[0xffffff801a93e000]::clipIfNecessary() - Error: attempting to clip to a position more than one buffer ahead of last clip position (468,7e0)->(469,9e0).
Sep 5 07:16:47 mbpr kernel[0]: IOAudioStream[0xffffff801a93e000]::clipIfNecessary() - adjusting clipped position to (469,7e0)

I was getting one of those every few days to weeks.

I have to add that since I've upgraded iTunes to 12 I'm yet to experience a drop with Air 2.1.2.

When I tried Air 2.1.3 yesterday I could not listen to a complete album (Beethoven 9th directed by Karajan CD rip) without getting numerous drops.

I have written to Devialet's support about it and we will see what they say about it.

/Jean-Marie

Thanks a lot Jean-Marıie, I guess it's a bit early to convert to Yosemite and upgrade Air. At least mine works now Smile I hope your issue will be resolved.

Once this dust settles and all Mac guys convert to Yosemite, we can discuss sonic differences - if any Smile
Guys

Yesterday I tried 2.1.3 on my 2008 MBPRO running OS X 10.7.5. Installation worked fine but somehow there seemed to be an issue with the virtual soundcard and I couldn't even start AIR itself! I just kept getting this "soundcard no available" and some kind of kernel error. I rebooted, tried different things but in the end I had to revert to 2.1.2. May I add that up to now I have had no issues at all with white noise or dropouts with my system, which is connected via Ethernet straight into a D120. I even rebooted in Verbose mode and could see in the Console dump during startup the same mistake about an error when setting up the soundcard, something related to a "kern.somethingDevialet" file.

I'm not that sure about upgrading to Yosemite, as my computer is rather old (and that's being generous...). It has been working fine for me before upgrading, so no need to, at least for now. I don't know if anyone else still uses such an old OS, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Luis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > Q Acoustic Concept 20 (soon to be KEF LS50). Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(29-Oct-2014, 19:28)LBameule Wrote: Guys

Yesterday I tried 2.1.3 on my 2008 MBPRO running OS X 10.7.5....

I'm not that sure about upgrading to Yosemite, as my computer is rather old (and that's being generous...). It has been working fine for me before upgrading, so no need to, at least for now. I don't know if anyone else still uses such an old OS, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Luis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > Q Acoustic Concept 20 (soon to be KEF LS50). Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Hi - I use a 2009 iMac running 10.6.8 which is 100% stable with AIR 2.1.2 - no drop-outs, no white noise etc Smile. I've decided not to upgrade this computer and instead will buy a new Mac Mini running Yosemite with AIR 2.1.3. If this doesn't work perfectly for streaming music then it will become my main home computer and I will go back to the old iMac for music.
Not had any white noise since upgrade on Monday. Running Windows 7 and Foobar2000.
Naim nac-n 272, Naim nap-300, PMC Fact 12, Audience AU24SE power cables, Oppo BDP-103D
I have upgraded to AIR 2.1.3 and noticed that the volume control of Mac Mini does not work. With the previous version of AIR, I could change the volume using Mac Mini's volume indicator showing at the upper right corner of the screen. Now with 2.1.3, I can't change the volume. This is very inconvenient. Does anyone have the same issue?
Mac Mini Late 2012(Amarra Symphony/Audirvana)/DELA N1A Mk1 - [AIR Ethernet] -  Devialet 800 (Power Cable - AET HIN AC EVD) - [Speaker Cable - Nanotec Systems SP♯79MK2] - Wilson Audio Sasha