Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Devialet Expert 660 Pro
3.1 Music + 5.1 Home Theater System.

Vivid Audio speakers with fronts and center on Devialet 220s and surrounds run by Bel Canto 500s.

I had to create my own remote code on RS232s to be able to use inputs on center channel Devialet. It works as a stereo system (L+R) and independent center connected to digital output of right channel Devialet. Three Devialet setup straight from the Configurator did not work for me.

A lot of brain damage, but now it is working beautifully.

Remote

Devialet 1000s, Belcanto 600Ms, Vivid Audio Giya G3, C1, V1w and sub, Trinnov AL16, QNAP TVS-471 NAS, Oppo 203, Siltech, Crystal Cable, Synergistic Research
Gosh darn - that is a great setup! I wish I had the center speaker you have! I have the G3's in Pearl White as well!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
That’s a beautiful looking system, with hardly a cable in sight. Very neat.
The white colour scheme also looks fantastic.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
First of all, WOW what a set up!
Second, how did you manage to take that photo in such a way it shows both rear speakers reflect in the Devialets?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I was going to ask something similar to Pim's question, but I'll just say what a picture! If this forum has an award for picture of the year I am pretty sure this would be the 2018 winner.

I am interested in how you are using the center channel for music. I presume the center speaker is running from one of the 220's, a kind of mini stereo / bi-amped speaker? Is it simply running a full stereo feed when running 2.1 for music? I am not really clear as to how this works.

As an aside, one of my favorite rooms at a hifi show last year was running the Vivid G3's, with Mola Mola electronics, I am sure they sound mighty fine with the Pro's.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Beautiful setup. Like the way you’ve dealt with the asymmetry.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Impressive to say the least!

Also keen to learn more how did you get the center speaker running

At my local dealer here, I auditioned the D1000 driving the G3s and it was breathtaking! Enjoy your beautiful system
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
I must say Wery clean system ,i Can only say waaaaaaooo Nice.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(28-Apr-2018, 02:21)baddog Wrote: Gosh darn - that is a great setup! I wish I had the center speaker you have! I have the G3's in Pearl White as well!

I really like Pearl White, but these are BMW Alpine White - flatter and colder color.
Devialet 1000s, Belcanto 600Ms, Vivid Audio Giya G3, C1, V1w and sub, Trinnov AL16, QNAP TVS-471 NAS, Oppo 203, Siltech, Crystal Cable, Synergistic Research
(28-Apr-2018, 07:18)Confused Wrote: I was going to ask something similar to Pim's question, but I'll just say what a picture!  If this forum has an award for picture of the year I am pretty sure this would be the 2018 winner.

I am interested in how you are using the center channel for music.  I presume the center speaker is running from one of the 220's, a kind of mini stereo / bi-amped speaker?  Is it simply running a full stereo feed when running 2.1 for music?  I am not really clear as to how this works.

As an aside, one of my favorite rooms at a hifi show last year was running the Vivid G3's, with Mola Mola electronics, I am sure they sound mighty fine with the Pro's.

I set it up as a stereo 440 system and an independent 220 for center. There are three separate setups that I select from the remote:

1. Streamer - source connected to Master 440 and Center 220 connected to digital output of Master 440. 
2. Turntable - source connected to Center 220 and Master 440 connected to digital output from Center 220.
3. Home Theater - front right and left connected to Master 440 and center connected to Center 220, all in pass through mode.

I really like the 3.1 setup for music listening. I noticed that when I run the center channel at 5 - 10dbs below fronts it gives more depth to the soundstage.

Here are the pictures:

440 Master (Right)

440 Companion (Left)

220 (Center)