Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Expert Pro 440 cassette deck of SD recorders
I have a Devialet expert pro configured in dual mono, I would like to know if anyone knows how to configure it so I can record from a turntable to a cassette deck or a SD recorder, I want to put some of my old vinyl recordings onto a digital version but I can stream to my Devialet.
Dear Musicmanlv (?),

Yes, I know everything. I recorded in about two years time a large record collection into 24b/192k. Questions:

1. What is your question? digital version but I can stream to my Devialet? What do you want and why?

2. The Devialet acts like an analog-digital converter. Keep it digital (Audacity software; super good!), build a good network and for the first
time in history there is no difference in sound-quality anymore between the copy and the original. Why? Because The Devialet
converts every sound into a digital signal. Why do you want to make it analog again and store it analog?
Purpose? Which problem do you solve? From my self made digital master I make 16bits/48kHz copies for the car, MP3's for my sister, etc.
Store it digital and then make a cassette tape, but don't see a cassette as "The Master". It's bad sound compared with digital
storage.

3. But oké, when you want it; it can be done. First question: which slots are free and/ or occupied? TV? 2 turntables?
Blu-ray? Surround line in?

4. For making a digital copy; do you use Windows 10? Configuration? Info says? How much do you know and how good are you with the computer?

Curious what your thoughts are, to start with.
1: Atelier d'Or no.75 (1.5m. AQ RCA-XLR), Heart 2812 QuadESL.nl, Kimber 8TC, WBT, Rel StentorII, Oppo105D (surround), Vodafone Next, Quad 303.2(!Quadrepair.nl), Kef RDM1, BenQW4000i, SBooster (3x), IfiX 3x, 125 inch, Stax 507 (2x) on Stax SRM-1S, SRM D-50, all on Iso-Ac. Gaia1, 2 and 3, Kemp Isolator source and power-, Kemp QA/ SNS plugs (6x), Furutech & ALAC maincables, AQ Blizzard, Van den Hul Mainstream, Optical 8k cables, Clearaudio (Synchro+Champion2+TT3 tangential+CM Bearing+Outer Limit+StradivariV2, 530uV, 200 ohms), NUC11 i7, Samsung-980Pro, -A8, -S24Ultra, Roon Life, Netgear 108, AQ Cinnamon all, Live cable USB, AQ jitterbug 5x, WB 18TB 2x

2: 220Pro, Kef R3, Rel Studio, Oppo103EU (surround), Quad 707(mod), Kef RDM2, all on Iso Acoustics 200, Gaia 3 & 1, LG Oled55, Furutech wall outlets(3x), AQ NRG-Z3 (2m., 5x), Kemp powerstrips, Audiotool filters, Oppo HA2+PM3 + AQ cinnamon cables

1900 recorded LP's 24/192, 850 DSD 5.1 SACD (via Oppo), 4800 ripped CD's, Qubuz

It’s simple, I want to put an LP on my turntable and have my Denon SD recorded record it that’s connected to the Devialet.

The same way in the old days when you had a cassette recorder connected to an amplifier..

I don’t use windows or mac for this purpose I have a Denon 700R SD recorder.
You can configure a pre-out connector (or pair of connectors in case of analog) and use it/them as input to your recorder.

When configuring it you can select whether you want an analog output or a digital output.

Best regards,
Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
If your Devialet has the pre-amp output (which it should do as standard unless it's a 140, where it's an option) then you can use the configurator to enable it as a stereo analog output which works like the "tape out" connections of yore.

It should look something like this in the configurator:

(note the "Preout" label on the two RCA connectors near the middle of the picture)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(31-Dec-2019, 10:57)thumb5 Wrote: If your Devialet has the pre-amp output (which it should do as standard unless it's a 140, where it's an option) then you can use the configurator to enable it as a stereo analog output which works like the "tape out" connections of yore.

It should look something like this in the configurator:

(note the "Preout" label on the two RCA connectors near the middle of the picture)

Hi, 
thanks for the reply, but that can’t be an option since one of the digital outputs is used to bridge the X2 Devialet’s together to enable it to be working as a 440 and in dual mono mode.
If you're going to record everything in one go, you could re-configure the master 220 to run as a single stereo unit while using the connector as a pre-amp output.
Warwickshire, UK
(31-Dec-2019, 12:34)thumb5 Wrote: If you're going to record everything in one go, you could re-configure the master 220 to run as a single stereo unit while using the connector as a pre-amp output.

I could, but that’s a bit crap to be honest, shouldn’t have to keep messing around, Devialet haven’t thought it through properly, considering how much you the Amp cost it’s kind of ridiculous.

This should be standard in any modern day set up?

Do you think it is Possible to configure the DIGITAL OUT on the Master as a mono Left and the Digital Output on the Slave as a Mono Right output, that way it could still be possible to run the to Devialet Amps in Dual mono?
Do you think it is Possible to configure the DIGITAL OUT on the Master as a mono Left and the Digital Output on the Slave as a Mono Right output, that way it could still be possible to run the to Devialet Amps in Dual mono?
Yes, playing with the configurator it looks as though that should work. Well spotted!
Warwickshire, UK