Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Gemini issues after issues and bugs
Have had them for some months now i have to say never have i come across so many software issues and bugs. They are really bad. Often i end up putting them away and going for my B&W P7.

They should really put their focus into trying to solve this issues because the sound is so good, well the few times i actualy been able to connect to them..

Looks for me like the rushed into getting them released..

Not impressed Devialet..

Sondre
The software released in may has fixed all issues. The product is now very robust. And the audio is still superbe.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(10-Jun-2021, 11:19)sony1995 Wrote: Have had them for some months now i have to say never have i come across so many software issues and bugs. They are really bad. Often i end up putting them away and going for my B&W P7.

They should really put their focus into trying to solve this issues because the sound is so good, well the few times i actualy been able to connect to them..

Looks for me like the rushed into getting them released..

Not impressed Devialet..

Sondre

My impression is also that you struggle with issues from the past. The latest SW is working well, no issues so far. Superb SQ and reliable SW. All fine here.
I still have some decharges on the left or right
Not everything is yet settled
And this is a new version I have
(11-Jun-2021, 06:49)Ounerbouks Wrote: I still have some decharges on the left or right
Not everything is yet settled
And this is a new version I have

My right earbud sometimes won’t charge in the chamber or maybe it decharges like you said. I don’t know. I just know when I opened the earbuds after overnight charging the right earbud shows 70% battery 🤔
Discharging still happens for me too but not as often like before. Battery is lasting much less (around 3.5 hours with ANC on) then 6 hours stated on the Devialet website. And sometimes right earbud does not pause playback when I pull it out. So definitely there is things that still need to be fixed. 

Judging by state in which earbuds were when they were release I don't think Devialet will stress much about current problems so who knows when we will see new update. I only hope next time they release update, it will not take me two days to apply it.    

Unfortunately I didn't know about Devialet very much. I did know they are somewhat unique in blending sophisticated technology and audio expertise to produce quality sound which draw me to them. However my experience with earbuds is also telling me that they are not sensitive to problems with user experience and are relaying too much on Davialet name and phantom speakers fame. Target audience looks like to be those that like quality sound but also want to showoff (use it as status symbol) expensive equipment with unusual look and are willing to sacrifice user experience for it.

I was hoping for company that use latest technology in unusually and innovative way to produce fantastic sound with attention to details (including user experience) User expiriance is very important to me so I will skip Devialet in future.
(12-Jun-2021, 12:00)igorstefus Wrote: Discharging still happens for me too but not as often like before. Battery is lasting much less (around 3.5 hours with ANC on) then 6 hours stated on the Devialet website. And sometimes right earbud does not pause playback when I pull it out. So definitely there is things that still need to be fixed. 

Judging by state in which earbuds were when they were release I don't think Devialet will stress much about current problems so who knows when we will see new update. I only hope next time they release update, it will not take me two days to apply it.    

Unfortunately I didn't know about Devialet very much. I did know they are somewhat unique in blending sophisticated technology and audio expertise to produce quality sound which draw me to them. However my experience with earbuds is also telling me that they are not sensitive to problems with user experience and are relaying too much on Davialet name and phantom speakers fame. Target audience looks like to be those that like quality sound but also want to showoff (use it as status symbol) expensive equipment with unusual look and are willing to sacrifice user experience for it.

I was hoping for company that use latest technology in unusually and innovative way to produce fantastic sound with attention to details (including user experience) User expiriance is very important to me so I will skip Devialet in future.

Totally agree with you Sir.