Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Devialet MAX temperature!
(13-Sep-2014, 11:05)Confused Wrote: Perhaps they are optimised to be slacked? That is, heat from a slightly warmer slave rises to equalise temperature with the master. (my unstacked master is still 2 deg cooler than the slave). Although for me, I have got near enough to that 65 degree figure to be happy to keep the two on separate shelves!

Personally I think they sound much better on separate shelves but I'm willing to accept that this is probably as much psychological as anything else.

It doesn't wholly surprise me that the new slave is running hotter; I found that my units ran much warmer when they were new.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(13-Sep-2014, 11:14)GuillaumeB Wrote: It doesn't wholly surprise me that the new slave is running hotter; I found that my units ran much warmer when they were new.

Guillaume

Yes, maybe. The slave is still very new, it's had maybe 10 hours use so far, no more. It sounds very good already, but I'm not sure if it sounds 100% as good as my old 250 did with the (similar age) demo 250 unit I had a couple weeks ago. I know opinions vary regarding run in time, but I'm very confident the best is yet to come!
(13-Sep-2014, 11:27)Confused Wrote:
(13-Sep-2014, 11:14)GuillaumeB Wrote: It doesn't wholly surprise me that the new slave is running hotter; I found that my units ran much warmer when they were new.

Guillaume

Yes, maybe. The slave is still very new, it's had maybe 10 hours use so far, no more. It sounds very good already, but I'm not sure if it sounds 100% as good as my old 250 did with the (similar age) demo 250 unit I had a couple weeks ago. I know opinions vary regarding run in time, but I'm very confident the best is yet to come!

Good stuff! Smile

Yes there does seem to be a lot of variability with the running in experiences of folks on here.

Did you get the Crystal S/PDIF with the Slave?

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(13-Sep-2014, 11:40)GuillaumeB Wrote: Yes there does seem to be a lot of variability with the running in experiences of folks on here.

Guillaume

Yes, it came with the Crystal S/PDIF cable. Interestingly, Oxford Audio provided a Chord Sarum S/PDIF for with the demo slave. I'm not sure it's possible to tell the difference between a Crystal and a Sarum, but I said myself that that I thought the demo unit sounded better, you never know! We'll see after some run in time. It also came with a trigger cable, which I believe Devialet have only just started to do. The trigger cable looks like a very cheap item, although I guess it's function is fairly basic and not related to sound quality.
(13-Sep-2014, 12:03)Confused Wrote:
(13-Sep-2014, 11:40)GuillaumeB Wrote: Yes there does seem to be a lot of variability with the running in experiences of folks on here.

Guillaume

Yes, it came with the Crystal S/PDIF cable. Interestingly, Oxford Audio provided a Chord Sarum S/PDIF for with the demo slave. I'm not sure it's possible to tell the difference between a Crystal and a Sarum, but I said myself that that I thought the demo unit sounded better, you never know! We'll see after some run in time. It also came with a trigger cable, which I believe Devialet have only just started to do. The trigger cable looks like a very cheap item, although I guess it's function is fairly basic and not related to sound quality.

Would be interesting to compare the Chord and Crystal cables back to back.

Yes the trigger cable is new, it wasn't included in the box when I got my 500 last year.

Guillaume

UK

Guillaume

There's something in this, after a second weekend of serious thrashing, the slave's A and D amps temperatures are now 100% identical to the master's temperatures, with the master's power supply a touch warmer.
With all this discussion of high case temperatures one wonders how long it will be before we see the first power supply failure due to electrolytic capacitors drying out.
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Cool:
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=8438&stc=1]
Me too! I like your one though - much more stylish.

[Image: srSjMV2.jpg]
This is an old thread and mine is a new problem. My audio room has a Devialet 400 duel mono set up with D-expert. Today I heard the most degrade sound I had ever heard from an amp and immediately went to my other UPnP set up to check if it was me or the system..... so it’s a heat issue... is it possible my expert 400 is not working properly ( they always run hot )....I have both units in a well ventilated NAIM Frame rack...and it a humidity and temperature controlled room.

Does Devialet have a solution for this or is it a prelim with the engineering design for heat dissipation ?