Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Mania
(14-Nov-2022, 06:47)Sonu Wrote:
(09-Nov-2022, 13:30)Jean-Marie Wrote: Yes I have and I have been very impressed.

It was in a very large room like 50m2 and move then 3m ceiling.
It was very effectively filling the room both at low level for ambient music as well as significant level to listen to the music.

Jean-Marie

was it better sounding than the Apple Homepod?

Sorry, I cannot really tell because I have not heard the Apple HomePod.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Is it working with Roon?
It Will not work with Roon (yet?)
Multiroom is also not yet implemented.

It fills a room with sound, but 50m2 with 3m high ceilings sounds overstated. I have a Mania in my room of 30m2 with 2,6m ceilings and it fills The room just (at 90% volume, which is still sparkling and without Any distortion)
It is a remarkable little bugger, this Mania!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
If it does support Airplay 2 then you can add it to Roon. I add my Dione to room via Airplay also.

But Phantoms are available via RAAT
(20-Nov-2022, 17:09)max_jenkins Wrote: If it does support Airplay 2 then you can add it to Roon. I add my Dione to room via Airplay also.

But Phantoms are available via RAAT

Yes but do you need a IPhone to control it or my Samsung S22 is ok?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEjiQJm0NUI

Here it is mentioned that multiroom is available using the app.
It is a bit ironic that after selling my 220, I heard the Mania. RE sound, I'd give it a solid 'Wow!' rating. Very natural sound and absolutely un-boxy delivery. It would definitely be on my short list for a portable speaker. That said, it is not light and so for us it would be a car-travel portable. But in terms of sound, it extremely impressive.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(22-Nov-2022, 00:38)fb24601 Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEjiQJm0NUI

Here it is mentioned that multiroom is available using the app.

It's false, it is not multiroom, rumor has it it might be but it is not yet. I have Mania so I know Smile
(08-Nov-2022, 13:34)Sonu Wrote: has anyone heard the Mania

Yes. Incredible sound from such a small device. Outstanding. I also have 2 Phantom I Golds and a Dione.
Unusual not to find reports of software bugs, issues. Or is this too early to praise Devialet (for once!) ?