Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Mania
has anyone heard the Mania
Not yet. Placed an order, but it will be shipped only in 30 days
(08-Nov-2022, 21:36)max_jenkins Wrote: Not yet. Placed an order, but it will be shipped only in 30 days

ok, thanks
Yes I have and I have been very impressed.

It was in a very large room like 50m2 and move then 3m ceiling.
It was very effectively filling the room both at low level for ambient music as well as significant level to listen to the music.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(09-Nov-2022, 13:30)Jean-Marie Wrote: Yes I have and I have been very impressed.

It was very effectively filling the room both at low level for ambient music as well as significant level to listen to the music.

Jean-Marie

What was the 'stereo' effect like?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(09-Nov-2022, 15:44)Pim Wrote:
(09-Nov-2022, 13:30)Jean-Marie Wrote: Yes I have and I have been very impressed.

Jean-Marie

What was the 'stereo' effect like?

I didn’t run any serious test concerning the imaging, but it was definitely sounding spacialized and not at all like a mono speaker. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Jean-Marie

was it better sounding than the Apple Homepod?
all current reviewers sound like commercials. waiting for a real review with details and of course to hear for myself with my own streaming/phone device
I bought one, it is really impressive for a portable speaker - really great. My only issue is you cannot do multiroom via devialet app - that's a letdown. I could do it via airplay 2 though.
Shocking to hear that multiroom is not supported via app, hope it can be achieved soon...