Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Devialet OS
DOS? Again? Rolleyes
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
Does anyone have further info on what the OS will be exactly?
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(21-Oct-2016, 13:29)AaronG Wrote: Does anyone have further info on what the OS will be exactly?

No, we don't. I suspect that we won't know until after the upgrade discount window is closed.
Interesting snippet of info gleaned here from the hi-fi show in Paris:

http://www.forum-hifi.fr/thread-43-post-...l#pid53916

Essentially the new OS board will enable you to change wifi radio bands between 2.4 and 5 gigahertz...

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(28-Nov-2016, 18:09)GuillaumeB Wrote: Essentially the new OS board will enable you to change wifi radio bands between 2.4 and 5 gigahertz...

Guillaume

Do you understand why that's desirable?
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(28-Nov-2016, 18:09)GuillaumeB Wrote: Interesting snippet of info gleaned here from the hi-fi show in Paris:

Essentially the new OS board will enable you to change wifi radio bands between 2.4 and 5 gigahertz...

Guillaume

Hopefully it will do a bit more than that though? Confused

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(28-Nov-2016, 22:20)AaronG Wrote:
(28-Nov-2016, 18:09)GuillaumeB Wrote: Essentially the new OS board will enable you to change wifi radio bands between 2.4 and 5 gigahertz...

Guillaume

Do you understand why that's desirable?

The 5GHz band is less crowded, so less interference from other access points. It's shorter range though so one might need to shorten the distance/remove obstacles in between the AP and Devialet.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(28-Nov-2016, 22:55)Antoine Wrote: The 5GHz band is less crowded,

Sadly not in my London street. Big Grin

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(28-Nov-2016, 22:40)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(28-Nov-2016, 18:09)GuillaumeB Wrote: Interesting snippet of info gleaned here from the hi-fi show in Paris:

Guillaume

Hopefully it will do a bit more than that though?  Confused

It seems a bit of a damp squib if it's just static configuration option.  I assumed it meant that the board would dynamically use both wireless bands to provide multiple redundant routes for streaming (analogous to how the Phantoms can use Ethernet, wireless or power-line networks).  But I admit I'm reading a lot into what Guillaume reported.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(28-Nov-2016, 23:04)thumb5 Wrote:
(28-Nov-2016, 22:40)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

Guillaume

Hopefully it will do a bit more than that though?  Confused

It seems a bit of a damp squib if it's just static configuration option.  I assumed it meant that the board would dynamically use both wireless bands to provide multiple redundant routes for streaming (analogous to how the Phantoms can use Ethernet, wireless or power-line networks).  But I admit I'm reading a lot into what Guillaume reported.

I agree, a little flexibility on wifi settings isn't much to write home about! I assume there is much more to come though, given Mathieu's language when describing this. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK