Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Phantom Gold // Reactor 900
(22-Dec-2020, 09:26)Snoopy8 Wrote: You have joined the forum for the purpose of venting your anger, which is understandable.

Devialet is not officially represented on the forum. We, as users, help when we can. Not sure what else you are expecting from us?

I was simply hoping to get some feedback from users who have experienced similar problems so as to identify whether it is an isolated problem.
Hi @rush_sports_
This sounds like a really frustrating situation. I don't have Phantoms, but I know others have had issues with connections to TV. We've had grief with our Sonos system, which is much simpler, and it can involve a lot of screaming at the equipment. I did read your posts, so forgive me if this has been tried, but have you tried setting up the Golds and Reactors each as stand alone music systems, in the simplest form possible? Just as basic music systems, the way a new, non-technical buyer would? Brand new software installs, etc.

I just wonder if you get normal function in that configuration. If so, then you could try adding things in and testing, step by step.

I realize I'm probably way behind you, but sometimes a complete teardown gets forgotten. And sometimes it helps. Keep breathing, and best of luck.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(23-Dec-2020, 07:49)rush_sports_ Wrote:
(22-Dec-2020, 09:26)Snoopy8 Wrote: You have joined the forum for the purpose of venting your anger, which is understandable.

Devialet is not officially represented on the forum. We, as users, help when we can. Not sure what else you are expecting from us?

I was simply hoping to get some feedback from users who have experienced similar problems so as to identify whether it is an isolated problem.
I've now synchronized the two zones I have and been playing from the optical inputs on all speakers for a couple of hours. No problems at all with syncing or stuttering. A pair of Gold connected via the Wi-Fi, the Silver via ethernet. I'm using a mesh network of three OnHubs, the predecessor of Google WiFi and a couple of unmanaged TP-LINK TL-SG1016/1024 ethernet switches. Do you have any managed switches in your system?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Hi rush_sports,

Just wanted to check in on this. Have you had any luck? At the risk of repeating myself and bugging you, your symptoms are exactly the same as mine with the speakers either being in sync and then going out of sync, or randomly having one of the speakers go “missing”. Even if one of the Phantoms is fed by an optical, the other one can still go missing if it’s wirelessly synced to the other. I’m only repeating this as I struggled for about a month with this thinking my network was fine and having these exact symptoms. I thought my Phantoms were truly broken and unfixable... so I am very sympathetic to your frustration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon Core on headless Mac Mini i5 via wifi --> Auralic Aries G1 --> Audioquest Forest Optical --> Devialet Phantom Premiere Classics, stereo pair DOS 2.14.4
I had to eliminate Devialet's software in order to prevent my wife from literally throwing all of my phantoms out various windows in our house. As a result, my entire family is able to use the phantoms in whichever room they're in, control the volume from a physical remote (Savant), watch movies in TV rooms on the Phantoms, and setup "whole house" audio without me getting involved. My system is so stable now that I'm bored because I have nothing to tinker with... :-)

I love the sound the Phantoms produced and went to extraordinary lengths to get my setup stable. Spend the time and energy to get them to work if you love them. Otherwise, maybe its time to move on...
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(05-Jan-2021, 02:30)njaiswal Wrote: I had to eliminate Devialet's software in order to prevent my wife from literally throwing all of my phantoms out various windows in our house.  As a result, my entire family is able to use the phantoms in whichever room they're in, control the volume from a physical remote (Savant), watch movies in TV rooms on the Phantoms, and setup "whole house" audio without me getting involved.  My system is so stable now that I'm bored because I have nothing to tinker with... :-) 

I love the sound the Phantoms produced and went to extraordinary lengths to get my setup stable.  Spend the time and energy to get them to work if you love them.  Otherwise, maybe its time to move on...

Hi njaiswal, I have experienced similar issues with my pair of Phantom Golds. Could you please describe in more detail your “band aid” fix?
(06-Jan-2021, 01:50)Manny Wrote:
(05-Jan-2021, 02:30)njaiswal Wrote: I had to eliminate Devialet's software in order to prevent my wife from literally throwing all of my phantoms out various windows in our house.  As a result, my entire family is able to use the phantoms in whichever room they're in, control the volume from a physical remote (Savant), watch movies in TV rooms on the Phantoms, and setup "whole house" audio without me getting involved.  My system is so stable now that I'm bored because I have nothing to tinker with... :-) 

I love the sound the Phantoms produced and went to extraordinary lengths to get my setup stable.  Spend the time and energy to get them to work if you love them.  Otherwise, maybe its time to move on...

Hi njaiswal, I have experienced similar issues with my pair of Phantom Golds. Could you please describe in more detail your “band aid” fix?

Hi Manny,
You need to put the Phantoms in Optical Direct Mode (https://devialetchat.com/Thread-DOS2-Opt...irect+mode).  Once that is done then you have a couple of options
1.  Use a Sonos/Bluesound as your audio streamer and connect the optical out to a splitter and then from the splitter to each phantom.  Configure each phantom to read either left or right audio stream.
2.  Use Dante as your method to send audio to the speakers.  Use a Dante dongles to connect a receiver to the dante network and use it to manage the sound from the phantoms.  Use a dante dongel to convert dante to optical and connect to the phantoms.  (https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Phantom-...nte?page=2)

Hope this helps
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(06-Jan-2021, 16:14)njaiswal Wrote:
(06-Jan-2021, 01:50)Manny Wrote:

Hi Manny,
You need to put the Phantoms in Optical Direct Mode (https://devialetchat.com/Thread-DOS2-Opt...irect+mode).  Once that is done then you have a couple of options
1.  Use a Sonos/Bluesound as your audio streamer and connect the optical out to a splitter and then from the splitter to each phantom.  Configure each phantom to read either left or right audio stream.
2.  Use Dante as your method to send audio to the speakers.  Use a Dante dongles to connect a receiver to the dante network and use it to manage the sound from the phantoms.  Use a dante dongel to convert dante to optical and connect to the phantoms.  (https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Phantom-...nte?page=2)

Hope this helps

Hi njaiswal, 

Thank you for your clarifications.  Unfortunately, this is beyond my ability level and it seems it is time to put the Devialtets up for sale. This is such a shame as I thought it was all straightforward when I bought them 2 years ago but it has been one issue after the other.  I still have a pair of dependable Bose speakers I have had for maybe 20 years.  I think I will revert to these unless a miracle happens.
Thanks for all of the feedback and messages here guys. I've had zero luck from Devialet, in fact they quite literally told me to forward all future correspondence to their lawyers / legal department, so I have undertaken to do so. I've packed up all of my Devialet product and offered for them to come and collect it, and I have requested the services of a legal firm to assist in obtaining a refund from Devialet for all of the items that I wish to return.

Perhaps I'm a difficult consumer, but I expect more from a high end brand / product in regards to service, and I certainly expect the product to do as advertised, in this case play reliably in stereo.