Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet/Roon Already Devices
Phantom as you may know Is already a ROON tested device.
If you are subscribed to ROON you can actually use more than two Phantoms as multi room, you just have to group the phantom in the ROON app and you can control the volume individually ( the one pair as stereo will sync the same volume value, by those in solo will have their own volume independently)

I used my OPPO UPD-205 with ROON and it is connected optically so I get the best sound possible and así the OPPO player take advantage of the MQA music format. The sound is just great ?

I also immigrated to the new DOS 2 and not problems at all here ?
(06-Nov-2019, 21:17)Carloscdk Wrote: Phantom as you may know Is already a ROON tested device.
If you are subscribed to ROON you can actually use more than two Phantoms as multi room, you just have to group the phantom in the ROON app and you can control the volume individually ( the one pair as stereo will sync the same volume value, by those in solo will have their own volume independently)

I used my OPPO UPD-205 with ROON and it is connected optically so I get the best sound possible and así the OPPO player take advantage of the MQA music format. The sound is just great ?

I also immigrated to the new DOS 2 and not problems at all here ?

Through which protocol? I suppose through AirPlay that only does 16bit up to 48kHz. Or did you find RAAT integrated?
RAAT isn't integrated, no. Not yet at least. You can stream to the Phantoms via Airplay, which works very well on my end with great sound. Pairing with other RPi-HAT-based zones on Shairport Sync (Open Source Airplay1 implementation) also works nicely.

I'll switch all my Zones back to RAAT probably once Phantoms support it. Right now I really appreciate being able to control my Phantoms with the iOS Control Center and Apple Watch widgets.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime