Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet and itunes match
Hello everybody,

I was listening this week end a Devialet 200 with JMR speakers.
what should have happened, happened: I bought it
However, I had a bad experience during the streaming to the Devialet:
I download the devialet apps on my iphone 5S but when I tried to stream from the "my music" option, I received a message "need to update, please select a valid format".
Any idea why I couldn't play any songs from my iphone ? I thought it came from the fact I have all my music into the cloud.

I can use my apple TV connected with an optical cable, but it is nicer to get the music directly from my phone or Ipad.

Thanks
Hey davslp, at first delete the app in your iOS devise and reinstall the app and try again. I'm thinking after that it will works fine

Sent by iPad
(20-Apr-2015, 18:13)davslp Wrote: Hello everybody,

I download the devialet apps on my iphone 5S but when I tried to stream from the "my music" option, I received a message "need to update, please select a valid format".
Any idea why I couldn't play any songs from my iphone ? I thought it came from the fact I have all my music into the cloud.

I can use my apple TV connected with an optical cable, but it is nicer to get the music directly from my phone or Ipad.

Thanks

Hi davslp

The Devialet app is a very basic one and only plays locally stored music (also in a very basic fashion of building playlists on the fly on which you have very limited control) on your iDevice.

I no longer use it for music playback anymore but only as a remote control. However I remember that when I tried a while ago to play my tracks on iCloud it was not possible and I had to download them to my iPhone first to be able to play them within the app.

One more thing, feeding music from Apple TV to devialet is not making your D200 any justice. I also tried it and the level of noise it feeds is very high and sound quality is substandard.

Ideally you can try Devialet Air on your window or Mac computer and play your matched tracks directly from iCloud. Let's hope you won't get the dreadful white noise though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(20-Apr-2015, 18:47)amabrok Wrote:

Thanks

Hi davslp

The Devialet app is a very basic one and only plays locally stored music (also in a very basic fashion of building playlists on the fly on which you have very limited control) on your iDevice.

I no longer use it for music playback anymore but only as a remote control. However I remember that when I tried a while ago to play my tracks on iCloud it was not possible and I had to download them to my iPhone first to be able to play them within the app.

One more thing, feeding music from Apple TV to devialet is not making your D200 any justice. I also tried it and the level of noise it feeds is very high and sound quality is substandard.

Ideally you can try Devialet Air on your window or Mac computer and play your matched tracks directly from iCloud. Let's hope you won't get the dreadful white noise though.

Hi Amabrok,

Thanks for your feedback.
I had a chance to listen the Devialet 200 through an airport express streamed from my iphone but I didn't detect any noise.
The sound was breathtaking, is there any differences between the apple tv and the airport express ?

100% of my music is dematerialized with a computer far away from the place where my devialet will be, any idea how to get the quintessence of the devialet with this constrain ?

Thanks again,
(20-Apr-2015, 20:39)davslp Wrote:

Thanks

Hi davslp

Hi Amabrok,

I had a chance to listen the Devialet 200 through an airport express streamed from my iphone but I didn't detect any noise.
The sound was breathtaking, is there any differences between the apple tv and the airport express ?

100% of my music is dematerialized with a computer far away from the place where my devialet will be, any idea how to get the quintessence of the devialet with this constrain ?

Thanks again,

Ethernet or WiFi from airport express or any other router for that matter will be far more superior to Apple TV.

For white noise, it is only reported with Air on Windows or Mac but not with Devialet app on iOS.

Is all your music on iCloud? Or do you have a back up on a NAS?

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(20-Apr-2015, 20:53)amabrok Wrote:
(20-Apr-2015, 20:39)davslp Wrote:

Thanks

Hi davslp

Hi Amabrok,

Thanks again,

Ethernet or WiFi from airport express or any other router for that matter will be far more superior to Apple TV.

For white noise, it is only reported with Air on  Windows or Mac but not with Devialet app on iOS.

Is all your music on iCloud? Or do you have a back up on a NAS?

All my music is on my Imac, and I use iCloud for iPhone & ipad.
Then the best way without any additional investment is to install Air on your iMac and use iTunes as your player and have your Devialet and your iMac connected to the same router.

In my system both Devialet and my Macbook are connected wirelessly to the router and set close to it (all in the same room) and that seems to spare me the white noise.

Of course if you want the are remote desktop access apps that allows you to control your iMac from your iPhone or iPad. This way you can control everything from your iDevice but still it will be your iMac that does the actual playback and streaming to devialet.

Dubai, UAE
Sounds interesting.
any internet links to get the apps you are mentioning (Air and desktop control).

Looks like you are making my evening better .....
Here you go

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/technol...r-mac.html

Dubai, UAE
just make use of the remote app on your apple devices and you can enjoy your music!
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany